i need to start going to the gym again. i haven't gone in 3 weeks and am totally feeling the effects of not going. i really want to start swimming again but it's still too cold outside. it snowed this weekend, so there's now way i am getting into the pool any time soon. i am such a wuss when it comes to getting in the pool, especially when it's freezing ass cold outside, even though i'll warm up once i get in and start moving. hopefully it'll warm up soon.

we had granny over for dinner tonight. i made a turkey. yup, like in thanksgiving turkey. my first one. it came out really good. i was quite impressed with myself, and still am. i had no recipe to go on, i just did what i thought sounded good, and luckily it worked out pretty well. my back is killing me right now for standing so long in the kitchen, though. i even had my clogs on, but they didn't do much for me.

i'm really not looking forward to going to work tomorrow. apparently we've hired someone new. i'm not fond of this gal, either. she's about 60 and talks like she smokes 3 packs a day. she also has a HUGE ego, which on one hand, will go right along with everyone else there, but on the other hand, will be annoying to deal with.

my major concern is not the fact that she will be sitting at my old desk, after the katrina refugee has left it empty, but that she will most likely get my phone extention. yeah, fucked up, i know. but that's the way that place operates. i sent an email to mr. fussypants this weekend to let him know what i thought of that and we'll just have to wait and see how he responds to me tomorrow.

i know he's seen the email since he seems just as addicted to his email as i am. hopefully he'll be in a good mood tomorrow as he'll have new meat. i'll no longer be the FNG, so i'm glad about that. i guess i haven't been the FNG for a while now though, since i've been there a little over 6 months now.

i'm leaving for seattle on thursday for a bachelorett party and cannot wait to get out of town. i'm taking the following monday off to recouperate. any time away from work is good time. heh heh. at least i have accrued vacation time now so i will get paid even though i won't be there.

i cannot wait for seattle. we're going to have so much fun.

flowergirl came over today and we hung out for a bit. it was great. it was cool to just chill and not spend money. i need to do that more. i can't wait for the weather to get nice so we can do stuff outside. our mini house is so tiny that 3 people is just about the maximum it can hold. we have a great yard, so we definitely can do some great things outside. c had a surprise party for me last year outside for my birthday and that was great. last night he was talking about having a summer bbq. i love that idea. and i love that he thought of it since he's usually anti-entertaining.

c is on this big sopranos kick right now. since we don't have hbo we've been getting the episodes on netflix. he listens to the show so damn loud. god forbid i ask him to turn it down. it's totally catch 22 for me. if i ask him to turn it down, he snaps at me for having 'sensitive ears', even though the volume is up to, oh, 30. if i close the door to either my office or the bedroom, i don't get any heat from our trusty propane wall heater. so, i either freeze in silence or am hearing tony soprano talk like he's in the warm toasty room with me.

since my back is still hurting me, i think i'll suck it up and go to bed, with the door closed. even though it'll be cold, it'll be silent. maybe i'll listen to my ipod and have sweet dreams of the bada bing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home