oh boy, oh boy. so much has gone on while so much as stayed the same. work has been getting increasingly busier and is still keeping me on my toes, hubby is still up and down fussy and my social life has gotten a bit more active.

while i'm still on eggshells at work, things seem to have simmered down a little, which is very good. we taken on a new project which has put a few people in a tailspin but they seem to simmer quickly. as long as i stay out of the way and on top of my game, i am okay. i have been putting in the long hours, averaging 11 hours a day, but at least they fly by. i am late on paying all my bills though....

hubby will always be hubby. we still argue a lot about finances, which drive me nuts. i often think i married the wrong guy, but then wonder if there is ever is a right guy. i struggle with this constantly and think there must be. at times he makes me really happy, but then there are all those other times. i know we have a lot of growing and learning to do, but where is my soft love? all i have is hard, demanding people around me. is it too much to ask for some kindness and tenderness on a consistent basis without having to ask for it?

i have made a new friend in town and she and i are hanging out a lot, which makes me very happy. i don't get to see ms. fleurs very much anymore, because of both of our busy schedules and that makes me sad. but, she still delivers me beautiful flowers each weeks so at least her kindness is in my home.

the kitties, or rather just finn, have been on a mad terror in the house. several things have been destroyed beyond repair, which has saddened both hubby and me. my camera can be fixed, but his beloved wood duck cannot.

i discovered a sephora about 20 miles away and went nuts over the weekend buying much makeup and having much fun. i normally order online, so it was such a treat to actually be able to go to the store again. and as luck would have it, tarte was there doing makeovers so i got one and bought almost all they applied! hubby doesn't know about that purchase...yet! :)

i've been running, getting ready for my first 10k in about 2 weeks. over the weekend i ran about 5 miles and that felt pretty darn good. there's a loop by my house that's about 3.2 miles and i can run that without stopping now, which is great. i'm hoping to run after work today as i just cannot get up in the morning. i bought some great new running shoes the other day, and like any 5 year old, i am convinced they make me run faster and better.

6 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    huh huh huh...you said "wood"
    *~*Cece*~* said...
    Welcome back!

    Marriage is hard, sometimes, and it sucks. I hope you guys pull through. ;-)

    My girlfriends LOVE Sephora & go NUTS in their store every time. Enjoy the make up.

    Oh & good job w/the running! I wish I could run, but I can't.
    Terry said...
    Seems things are perking up in your little corner of the world... Good For You!!

    Glad to see you got more motivated to run!! and a new GF, that is awesome.
    maddie said...
    thanks, guys. :) things are looking up and i'm still working on that whole marriage thing. thankfully, i don't give up easily at all!

    and starbucks just introduced an orange mocha, so that's helping, too.

    xoxo,
    shell
    Sally said...
    Ooh, orange mocha...I need to try that.

    I wish I could be online more to chat w/ you during the day, but my work won't let us have IM anymore...punks!

    I miss you!
    Terry said...
    And like any 5 year old, I am sooo jealous of your new running shoes!! I have a race next weekend so maybe I should go get a new pair..hee hee

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home