so work is simmering down. a little. today was better than most in the past few weeks have been. not great, but better. i can only take it day by day.

on other news...yesterday we bought a new couch!!! a lush, dark green sectional comfort spot. it fits perfectly in our mini house. it makes the living room look complete. my old green couch was tired and worn after 7 long years of wear and tear. hubby had been wanting a new couch since we moved in together and we finally found one we both agreed on. he found a consignment store near his work last week so we ventured over yesterday afternoon, just to have a look. as soon as we saw the couch, we knew. and it didn't hurt that another couple arrived just minutes after we did and wanted the same one. luckily, my powers of persuasion were on and hubby agreed that the couch was meant to be. it was a done deal within 10 minutes of being in the store and we had it at home just a few hours later.

i love the corner part of the L. and i love that we can both be on the couch at the same time and not be in each others way. i love how i just sink into the cushions. and. and. and.

this was our first major purchase together. our washer and dryer are both used, our mattress was only $400 and our living room furniture was a gift from my parents for christmas one year. one day we will buy a bed frame, but our house is too tiny for that right now. and honestly, as long as the mattress is comfy, i'm good. i'm feeling a little more grown up today. our living room looks so great now. all dark green and chocolate brown. now if only we had some curtains instead of those cheap blinds....ah, baby steps. right?

but then....i have to remember a few things. like the fact that i keep forgetting my wallet. yeah. that was real nice getting to the check stand, unloading my super full cart, getting ready to pull out my wallet to realized....there was no wallet. thankfully i had my checkbook, but i had to beg and plead the checker that was a normal citizen and should be allowed to write a check without an id. safeway sure has gotten strict! luckily, the supervisor signed off on my $147 check. thank god. how embarrassing would that have been!!

then today, i ran some errands at lunch and had to pick up subway for the office (yech. so not a fan!) well, as i got to the dry cleaners, i realized, yet again, that i didn't have my wallet with me. no problem for the dry cleaner, as i had my trusty checkbook with me, but i knew i couldn't go to subway and write a check. but, as i walked in, i ran into a friend of mine and she loaned me $20. she totally saved my day! maybe something is trying to tell me to stop spending money. :)

2 Comments:

  1. Sally said...
    How fun to get a new couch! Got any pics??

    It's about time we bought a new one, too, but I think the puppies would kill me! They love to sleep on top of the cushions, they think the couch and love seat are theirs! It will last for a while longer, but it's starting to look old and faded.

    Hang in there at work! Remember, you get to drive formula 1 cars! =)
    Gypsy said...
    Yay for the couch!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home