totally random thots

today is one year of being sober. holy cow. i cannot belive i haven't had a drink in a whole friggen year. unbelievable. seriously. this past year has been full of change; some good some not so good.

one of the not so good is that my car insurance recently got renewed. normally, i have a good driver discount and my monthly bill is around $60. well, due to my last year of drinking, my monthy bill is now about $150. holy crap. yep. i did a lot of drinking and driving and and a few small fender benders. i lost to a pole, a parked car and sideswiped another car. luckily, only the pole and my car were hurt. and now my pocket book will be hurt with the new premium, but that's the price i have to pay. thank god i never got a dui, although i surely deserved to get more than one. i also got a speeding ticket last year that i never went to traffic school for, but that had nothing to do with drinking, just being stupidly lazy. now i have 3 points on my driving record. i have never had a point before!!

i just got a call from one of my friends that i made in aa congratulating me on my sobriety birthday. it felt so good to recieve his call. it meant a lot to me that he remembered and thought to call me.

one of my girlfriends is coming over in a little bit and we're going to hang out for the day. i haven't seen her in a couple of months so it'll be great to hang out. i've know this girlfriend since college and am so glad that we've kept in touch for so long. luckily, she doesn't live too far away, either. but, since she'll be here in about 45 minutes, i better get out of my sleeper clothes and put my contacts in. :)

i went to the gym with another girlfriend yesterday afternoon and instead of doing cardio in the gym, we walked around the path at the park just outside the gym for about an hour. it was so great. we had a really great talk and my ass hurts from all the walking.

on tuesday flowergirl gave me two gorgeous arrangements for my birthday. normally i get two arrangements a week for my house, but this week she wouldn't let me pay since it was my birthday on sunday. she also gave me a great tea brewing mug (the loose tea goes right in the mug and the tea gets brewed without any of the loose leaf getting in the actual water), some tasty orange blossom tea and a book about the origins of tea. it was so sweet of her.

i have to say, i am really lucky to have my girlfriends.

work has been good, but a bit stressful lately. i worked seven days in a row and was exhaused by the time i got home from work on tuesday. mentally exhaused, that is. i'm so glad i had yesterday and today off. normally i only work five days in a row but for some reason this week was different. plus, i had worked several night shifts, so i was all thrown off. but, i really need the mula, so it'll all work out in the end.

today is the first day of fall, my most favorite season. i am so glad to live somewhere where the leaves change colors. growning up in LA, all we had was spring and summer. here, we have all four seasons and it's simply wonderful. the weather hasn't really changed much yet though, so it's still warm outside. it should be around 80 today.

oh, and i have an update on my tree situation: the part of the tree that faces the road has been totally clipped. no longer do the branches hang over our fence and we've lost quite a bit of privacy, but, at least the tree is still standing and none of the branches on our side of the fence were touched, so i guess it could be worse. i'm still irritated, though. c's friend now claims he had nothing to do with the trimming. wtf? whatever, asshole. you're still on my list!!!

c gave me an awesome digital camera for my birthday. i've been playing with it and have only taken pictures of atticus so far. i'm pretty excited, though, as i love to take pictures and i have been using those throw away cameras forever now. i just need to get a computer again so i can actually post the pictures...ah, details.

c and i hung out with some friends on sunday...we had a funny conversation about car radio listening. c loves to listen to sports talk radio and i am often subject to listening to random sporting events. the girl in the other couple loves to listen to showtunes (she's an actress) and so they end up listening to showtunes more than anything else. hmmm....sports talk radio or showtunes. i'd say that's a tie on equally annoying for long bits of time. now, don't get me wrong. i can listen to either, but not for long, extended periods of time, like a 3 hour drive!!

2 Comments:

  1. Sally said...
    Wow! 2 birthdays in the same week! Congratulations!

    I'm ready for my weekend...one more day of work, yay! I'm glad you enjoyed the book...check out her blog now...she's still updating it, so it's like a continuation of the book.
    Helene said...
    wow... one year!!!! That is a real accomplishment! I am sitting here looking at the Celebrating Recovery blue chip from my brother... I keep it on my desk as a reminder of him and of the power of self preservation.

    Hats off to you!!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home