some more saddness...

too many people are dying. i now have another funeral to go to. an old friend of the family just died the day before yesterday and i'm off to her funeral on monday. she introduced my parents and they have been married for 43 years now, so she's been around our family for quite a while. she would have been 99 in 2 weeks.

she's was always on my case about one thing or another, mostly about going to college, getting a good education and about how usc is the best school in the world. sadly, her grandchildren grew to resent me, as i was always around her and they weren't (they grew up on the east coast and i grew up only a few minutes away from her). since she lived in LA alone, she was always at our house for every holiday so she was always like a second oma. we even called her oma. she will be missed. but her time had come.

i'm flying to LA after work tomorrow and will return monday night. c isn't able to come with me since it's such short notice and he has a lot of work to do before he leaves his job in december. one of my girlfriends is picking me up at the airport, which is really nice of her, so i'll get to spend a little time with her as well.

2 Comments:

  1. Sally said...
    I'm sorry Shell! I'm glad you're able to get away and go to the funeral. Enjoy your time at home, and think about how your family friend lived a long and full life!
    Anonymous said...
    death sucks. I hope that the funeral was a celebration of your friends life.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home