weekend update.

ah, the weekend. it started out crummy but then ened up being okay. friday was payday but my check was not what it was supposed to be due to much miscommunication in my department, so i wasn't paid for a good chunk of time. all would have been fine, except when i brought it to the attention of the gal in the payroll department, she told me that it would be best for me to wait until the next pay period to get the amount which was owed to me. when i told her i needed the money right away as i had rent to pay, she told me she didn't feel like cutting me a check because she wanted to go home ~ it was only 3 pm by that time ~ and would have the check ready for my by the end of the month. seriously? you can't mess with people's pay. does she not realize that it's against the law to do that? obviously not. so, i had to cancel some plans for the weekend as i was out of cash. and i was pissed.

saturday was uneventful as i stayed home since i didn't have any spending money. i did run errands, but that's about it. later that evening i got a call from my folks that they were in town and would be stopping by for a light lunch on sunday. um..really? thanks for the notice. so not only am i out of money, i now have to make lunch for them and two other people they had along with them. and hubby was off this weekend hunting so i had no help from him. i pulled something together ~ which turned out quite good if i do say so myself ~ and we sat outside as the weather was nice. hubby showed up about a half hour before they left so he didn't have to entertain them too much. i was annoyed that he was gone so long, which was completly intentional on his part as he knew they were coming and didn't want to be around them.

luckily, they left relatively early and after cleaning the kitchen, i took a much needed nap. sunday evening we went to a friend's house for dinner, which was nice. we were both exhausted by the time we got home and were in bed pretty early. i am now at the uncomfortable stage of my pregnancy, which is a bit annoying as i can't sit, stand or lie for any lenght of time without changing positions.

this morning hubby commented how my arms are getting bigger (and with added chunk) and that i needed to start excercizing. i totally lost it only him. he apologized. but i'm still annoyed. people keep telling me you get pampered and taken care of when you're pregnant. i'm now 6 months along and still waiting for that to happen.

7 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Hang in there, babe.

    you're doing fine. you havent lost your sass and the girls have quadrupled in size...(they were pretty near perfect beforehand in my humble opinyon, but i digress...i hope you-know-who shows proper appreciation and due attention to such, um, issues) wot?

    aaaanywhooooo...

    got my grieving kiddies camp this week. kinda scared but also excited. wish me luck.

    John Tayluh
    WendyB said...
    If I were married to your husband, he'd be a dead man.
    Sally said...
    how come it takes these boys so long to realize that there are consequences when you talk to a pregnant woman that way??? B said similar things on occasion when I was pregnant until I set him straight.
    Heather said...
    So are they going to pay you?

    I tend to tell my hubbie to "suck it" when he pulls that bs
    maddie said...
    yes, hubby can be quite the punk ass at times. i'm sure he'll come around, eventually, but in the mean time, he's not getting any until he shapes up. heh.

    and i haven't gotten my money yet...grumble grumble.
    Gypsy said...
    Dude, I'd want to smack him. I'm glad he apologized, though.
    Terry said...
    I want to smack him too!! Leave the superficial crap outside the home.. Damn!! Who cares if your arms are a little bigger and (softer), you are growing a little person.... Ugh.... men can be so ignorant sometimes!!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home