grumble grumble


Is it sad to say that I'm glad the weekend is over and I'm back to some semblance of normalacy? You would think that I would be nice and relaxed after being gone all weekend, but I'm really not.


C was a bear the whole time we were gone so that really dampened the mood. Plus, the place we stayed was severly lacking in service. When we got there, the gal who checked us in was wanting to go home so bad, you could smell it. She gave us attitude and keys that didn't work. Our room was way up a hill, which we had to walk up as there was no parking up there, so we didn't find out our keys didn't work until we had lugged everything up.

Um...bellman? Where are you?

So we trudged all of our stuff back down the hill and back into reception to be greated by the she-devil again. She asked if we were sure we tried to open the door correctly.

Um, no, we just figured the keys didn't work. We never really tried them.

So she gave us another set, then told us to call a bellman to help us if those didn't work.

Um, no. We need a bellman now, to help us with our bags. Now. Not after we get up the hill.

So after that whole debacle, C was still in a pissy mood. But we went in the hot tub and things were a bit better, even though we sat on opposite sides of the hot tub as he was just that fussy.

The rest of the weekend was okay. The weather was better than it was here so at least we saw some sun. On Friday we meandered through the town and did some damage at the shops. We saw Thank you for smoking, an awesome movie.

We went in the hot tub a few more times, still sitting away from each other because evidently, I was 'trying to stir up trouble' every time I sat near him. Um..okay.

Saturday we headed into Pismo, which was great. I miss the beach so much. It wasn't really warm, but the sun was out. C went running and I sat on the shore, watching everything go by. Now that was peaceful. I wish I could have stayed out there all day.

Later we headed back into town for lunch and to meet up with one of my girlfriends. We had to head by the hotel first, before we headed to her house, when more trouble arose. As we were driving up the steep incline to our room ~ we thought we might get lucky with finding parking this time ~ we were run into by a golf cart full of housekeeping staff that didn't speak a word of English. The totally slammed into us. I'm not talking slowly, either. They careened down the hill, slammed into the passenger side of the car, crushing the passenger side rear view window into the side of the car and then scratching up the entire right side of the car. It was a sight. Then, like a bunch of cockaroaches, they totally scattered as soon as their golf cart came to a stop. Luckily, a hotel manager was standing outside and caught all the action.

What followed next was even more of a mess. Not only did she not have any idea what to do, she wouldn't even comp us anything. I know that sounds like I'm greedy, but it's not. I mean, we're on vacation, minding our own business when we get hit and now we have to run around up here trying to find someone to fix our car. We should have totally had something comped.

She looked at us like we each had two heads when we asked for our room night to be comped.

She told us "that has nothing to do with your stay here" Oh, okay. You're right. If we weren't staying here, we still would have had our car hit by a bunch of non English speaking cockaroaches. Right.

About 1 1/2 hours later, she called our room and said she could send us up a bottle of champagne, if we wanted. C told her we don't drink, so that was then end of that conversation. She didn't even try to offer anything else.

So sad, too. All through college, everyone thought that was the place to stay. We won't be back, that's for sure. Even sadder, that's where C and I stayed the night he proposed. Well, hopefully we'll keep that night in our memories longer than the past weekend's ocurances.

We didn't make it to my friend's house that afternoon, since we had to wait forever to get all of this semi-resolved. We did hot tub again ~yes on seperate sides again~ then headed back into town. We saw Scary Movie 4, which was lame, then went to Woodstock's Pizza, which was so yummy that it made up for the bad movie.

At one point C asked me what was wrong and I told him I didn't like how he took things out on me and how he was so crabby. He said he was sorry, but I know it wasn't heartfelt. I totally did nice things for him all weekend, to which he would respond "oh, but I didn't do anything for you". I told him that was okay, that I did things for him because I wanted to, not because I felt I had to. He then said to me "Oh, well I guess I don't feel like doing anything for you". And he was serious.

WHY DO I PUT UP WITH THIS????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home