monday blues

i am in such a bummer of a mood today. i feel just so down. no real reason, either. just down, like i woke up on the blue side of the bed or something. nothing has happened to make me feel this way, that i can think of, at least. all i want to do is curl up under the covers in bed with the kitties. i don't want to talk to anyone or do anything. just lay there and be.

this weekend was nothing special. friday night hubby and i went to dinner a diner in town that had fantastic burgers, onion rings and fries. we went to bed early as it had been a long week for both of us. saturday i had to get the oil changed on my car and that took forever. and hour and a half, to be exact. but, i got a 10% coupon for next time since i had to wait so long. since the weather was so nice out hubby wanted to go to the home improvement store to buy steer manure for the garden. we had to drive around to a few places to finally get what we were looking for as everyone else had the same idea we did and most of the places we went to were out.

by the time we got home, it was mid afternoon and i began to clean the house - it was a disaster. hubby worked out in the yard and was beat by the time he was done. we headed up to his folks house and sat in their hot tub for a while. it was great. they have redwood deck under all these beautiful trees and there were tons of birds out. it was very serene. by the time we got home, we didn't want to cook so i picked up some mexican food. we watched tv for a while then i headed off to bed with the kitties.

sunday i had to go into the office for a while - right now i'm working on 4 people's travel schedule in europe so since the time difference is between 8-9 hours depending on where they are - i have to do work at strange times. as i was leaving, the groundsman asked if i wanted a coffee, so we went to starbucks.

while there, i ran into a bunch of people i knew and ended up sitting outside with th e goundsman and 2 other friends. every time i go to starbucks or safeway, i run into people i know. i like that. well, today i don't think i'd like that so much as i'm feeling very antisocial today. but most days, i like to run into people.

later in the afternoon i went and got another tattoo. one of my girlfriends was going to go with me, but she ended up having to work. i got 3 cherry blossoms with a single petal falling on the inside of my left forearm. it's pretty big, actually. i do like it a lot, though. i like the symbolism a lot - each blossom represents something important in my life and the falling petal reminds me how delicate those things are.

i feel my life pulling me in a direction that i'm not so sure of. i really don't know where i'm going or what i'm up for, but i'm definitely going somewhere. something is happening, yet i can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is. maybe that has something to do with my melancholy mood today.

i ran out to my favorite, mcydees this morning and got a bacon,egg and cheese mcgriddle, but that didn't really cheer me up as i hoped it would. it was sure tasty, though.

i'm taking a late lunch today to take atty to the vet for his checkup. he has to get his rabies shot today, though, poor little buddy. hopefully i'll be able to get him in the box easier this time....

3 Comments:

  1. Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...
    Oh I hope your day got better. This time of year, the fluctuating weather, the trees blossoming and we in our same routine can really cause the blues. I have been feeling it lately as well. No real reason, just because. Hang in there my dear!
    Helene said...
    ok lets see a photo of that tatoo! I am envious! I have been thinking of getting one myself... for about 2 years now! lmao. I am just too chicken and fear getting tired of whatever it is I choose... idk

    As for changes in life... heres the thing, maybe you need to sit and assess your goals. Then when you feel/see changes happening you can direct them where you want them to be... just a thought! =]

    Happy Wed!
    K
    maddie said...
    thanks, girls. :-) blue days are definitly no fun, but thankfully for me, they are few and far between and thankfully, i have kitties and a loving hubby to go home to that help make things better, too.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home