ramblings

what a day. it was just a weird, crazy, monday. lots of things that could go wrong, did. and it seemed as though everyone was having a weird day, not just me. there was a lot of fussiness around my office, too. not really any directed at me, but still, it was there. i'm so glad the day is almost over.

i got a mani/pedi after work today in hopes of some relaxation, but that didn't really happen. i still had errands to run and groceries to buy. i finally made it home around 7 pm. as i was unpacking the groceries, hoping for some alone time, hubby wanted to go for a ride in his land cruiser, so of course i obliged ~ he had just gotten a lift kit installed and wanted to show it off. we finally got back around 7:30 and i was beat. i made dinner and screwed around a bit then had to make a flight reservation for someone at work.

finally, i have some time for myself.

the other day i mentioned to my boss how much i enjoyed using the powerbook and wireless while i was at his house and he said i could have the computer and he had an extra wireless router that i could have as well. i'm so stoked! our i-t guy will be out later this week (he lives in ny) and will install the router at my house. woo hoo! i am sooooo stoked.

and since i my ipod has died ~ the battery won't recharge at all anymore ~ i finally sucked it up the other day and ordered myself a new nano. it should arrive tomorrow. yay! it's hard being without music ~ especially while traveling.

speaking of traveling, we had a GREAT weekend this past weekend. we went to scottsdale, az for the giants spring training. it was so much fun! we took off early on friday and got back really late last night. the weather was fantastic ~ upper 80's, low 90's. on saturday we had general admission seats so we grabbed a spot on the lawn. sunday we had bleacher seats but scored some great seats in the shade that were even closer than our bleacher seats.

as a treat to myself, i rented an audi a4 so we drove around arizona in style. that was great! what a step up from my little saturn.

we also ventured to heaven for hubby. there's a store called cabela's and it's the hunting/fishing wonderland. i mean, this place is nuts! hubby has never been to one of their stores since they are mostly in the midwest. well, when we got to our hotel, i realized that a store had recently opened near where we were staying. it was so cool! we seriously stayed at the store for 2 hours and even had dinner there. it was pretty funny. hubby called 3 of his friend and his dad to share all his excitement. it really was cute. i actually think he took more pictures at the store than at the ball park!

over the weekend i realized that on the 21st of this month i will be sober for a year and a half. that is so wild to me. lately i've been having a hard time with it and am not sure why. i think my life has just taken some interesting turns and i've had less 'me' time. i've also been going to less meetings and connecting with fewer people. i just keep reminding myself of what i was like when i drank, and that pretty much kills any urge i have. i also have to keep chocolate, sparkling cider and coffee around. luckily, we have a coffee machine at work, so i'm never far from that! i could tell i was going a little nuts today when i loaded up the shopping cart with sweets! and it doesn't help that i'm about to surf the crimson wave, either.

* sigh*

i wish i could just chill out and relax.....crap. the cat is chewing on my bra strap......FINN!!!!!

4 Comments:

  1. Gypsy said...
    Great news about the computer and the Nano!

    And hey, I used to live in Scottsdale. :)

    I'm sorry things are a bit difficult right now. I hope today proves better than yesterday.
    Sally said...
    I think every man on the planet DROOLS whenever they pass a Cabela's! We have them out here, but I think the closest one is in Kansas City. It is a pretty cool store...but the Ann Taylor and Banana Republic that sit close to the KC one is still a bigger draw for me! =)
    Sally said...
    Ok, sorry about the double comment (now totaling 3)...but my computer is stupid and being slow, so I hit submit again...and my comment showed up twice...sorry!
    Terry said...
    Sally is repeating herself!! hee, hee

    Hope the rest of the week went well for you Shell!!

    mmmmmm chocolate!! Okay so chocolate isnt really my thing, but i do love me some sweets!!

    Coffee is the BEST!!

    and Cabela's has truck parking!! Guys are so funny!!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home