work was so good today because my boss wasn't there. my department went on their "team building" ie wine tasting and lunch activity today. they left at 9 am and weren't back by the time i left at 3:45 pm today. so glad i didn't go with them. i got a ton done today and wasn't harrassed every few minutes with more lame drama or micromanagement. it was so quiet on the property today. lunch was gross, but what's new. the weather was awesome, so i snuck outside a few times to sit in the sun.

now that i think about it, there weren't any bosses around today. no wonder it was quiet and everyone got their work done. amazing how efficient one becomes without the constant checking up on my the boss. i need to come up with a good name for his so i don't have to keep refering to him as 'the boss' since he certainly is no springsteen!

anywho...

c and i had a bit of a financial talk this afternoon. i'm going to cut back on spending dramatically. i'm going to put the majority of my paycheck into savings and only keep a tiny amount for my personal spending. it's about time i did that. i'm so lame with spending. i really want to save, but spending is my way to...to...to...err. there's no excuse.


at least i'm not drinking anymore. that's the real good thing. i stil have cravings, but usually i can quench those by eating chocolate or sometimes smoking a cigarette, but mostly by eating chocolate. it's mostly a fleeting moment of want for a glass, oh who am i kidding, a bottle of wine. but when i think to how i will act while drinking and how i will say things that i will later regret and how i will drive when i clearly should not and how i will not remember things i will do, that will stop me from wanting anything. then there's the chocolate that keeps me safe.

and speaking of chocolate, c surprised me with a yummy box of chocolate today as an early valentines gift. so sweet, of him, that is. i'm having my flower girl make him an arrangement. i know it'll look great 'cause she always does such a great job. i hope he likes it. i still need to make him a card...

c and i have been doing so much better since i stopped drinking. i never would have imagined our relationship would be so good. i'm really amazed. i told him so the other day and he said it was me who changed and not really him. i guess he's right. things are so much more civilized and he doesn't have to worry about me constantly anymore. i can't believe what i put him through for the past 2 years, i really can't. i was such an asshole, and that's not even being dramatic. i gave up drama with drinking, too. there's no sense in that. it ususally causes more trouble than it's worth, like gossip.

1 Comment:

  1. Fionnix said...
    You said, "work was so good today because my boss wasn't there."

    and...
    "now that i think about it, there weren't any bosses around today. no wonder it was quiet and everyone got their work done. amazing how efficient one becomes without the constant checking up on my the boss. i need to come up with a good name for his so i don't have to keep refering to him as 'the boss' since he certainly is no springsteen!"


    I have renamed my boss "The Needy Little Man". His plane leaves for New Orleans tomorrow afternoon. Thank God. I was thinking today... I'll get some stuff done this week.

    I feel ya.

    Take Care,
    Rhi

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home