good words

Here's some advise i got from a dear friend a little while ago that i need to soak in...

Ok, heres the dealio - I think what you need, my little muffin, is more self love and a greater sense of self worth, based on who you are inside and your skillz on the outside, not based on your reaction to how other people treat you. No one can ignore you or pat you on the head like a dog or treat you disrespectfully unless you allow that to happen. I have seen you behave with lots of self confidence and self assurance before, so I know you have it in you. but unless you stand up for yourself and care for yourself FIRST then you cant expect other people to care for you or stand up for you. not c, not your folks, not anybody.

You and I have talked before about how not everyone in your past and present is very loving or attentive to you, which is a bummer no doubt. But that’s a fact. So, you can either deal with it and stand up for your rights as a person and a wife and a daughter and try to make things better, or you can use it to hold yourself down. That’s easy for me to say and harder for you to do, I realize, but that’s how things work. I have seen you when the wolves were gnawing at your leg (not pretty) and I have seen you when you had the whole world by the tail (you ruled the school). Now, you tell me: which state of being did you prefer? If you prefer to allow yourself to be gnawed upon by wolves, then I can’t help you. But if you think you can stand up strong and crack your demons like a ripe melon on a hot sidewalk, then I am all about that.

The next time someone at work or in your family condescends to you like that or ignores you at an important time or tries to pat you on the head like a dog,
then I want you to BITE them like a dog, and demand that you be treated with the same respect that I hope and know you give to other people. But you have to project your own inner strength. If you live life as a small person who is easily manipulated and whose cries of anguish no one hears or thinks they have to bother listening to, then that’s how you will be treated. But if you live like a big furry strong Tiger, who knows herself and knows the world around her and demands respect, then that’s what you’ll get. You only “seem so small” because you think of yourself that way. DON’T.

Think BIG. Walk TALL. Pray to JC. I am not so much a religious fanatic but I talk to JC all the time and ask him to help me help myself to be a better person. And of course JC is not much of a talker, but he is a great listener, and he even if he doesn’t say much, if you pay attention to your talks with him, he will POINT at things you need to work on and things he can help you with. He’s big on helping those who help themselves. So do it.
And if you need some extra help, my photo friends Bat Dog and his posse of dudes will be there straight away.

end of sermon.

Take care,
xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home