response to good words

my response to the great words from the previous post...

I want to be a big strong furry tiger and fight those demons, make them shrink away and never come back. I did speak with a supervisor this morning who I greatly respect and trust and told him what had happened. He was on my side and was not pleased with the actions of my boss. I then wrote an email to my department letting them know it was not okay for them to disregard me in the way they had with regards to not notifying me about their absence. I also made a point to discuss some issues with a chef that I have been having difficulty with. I am trying to stand up for myself more and am trying to find the right footing so that I do not tumble and fall. I am definitely stronger at this job with that regard than the last, and am not becoming involved in petty work gossip or games. I have a meeting on Monday morning with another supervisor, who I also respect and will discuss in further details my feelings. I will let her know how I do not appreciate the ways that I am being treated and will not put up with it for much longer.

As for home, things have gotten MUCH better since I stopped turning to the bottle, which is rather amazing. I do feel really good about my accomplishment, thus far, and am thankful that JC showed himself and his way to me or else I would definitely be lying in the gutter outside of Ol' I with no hope in sight and an empty bottle of crown at my side.

Just before the new year I also got a new tattoo. A little shooting star on my wrist. It signifies 3 months of sobriety and a new outlook on life. I look at that star whenever I'm feeling down or that the world is against me. I am also trying to surround myself with good things to keep the demons at bay. Will has come around more often and I am glad he has been waiting outside my window most days to walk with me home.

So thank you for your words and for the ever present love of the great white bear.

xoxo right back at you!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home