after yet another obnoxious day, i have good news. i am starting a new position on monday. i am going to test it out for a week and see if i like it. but in reality, there is no way i'm going back to my current position if i don't like it and i see myself liking this new gig just fine.

i chatted with a few people that i needed to this morning and got the green light, provided i talked to mr. fp, which had me a bit nervous as i didn't want him blackballing me. the day proved to be obnoxious as the tension was high in my department and people were seemed more irritable, but then again, it could have just been me and my perceptions. whatever.

at 2:30, mr. fp called me into his office to talk. he had typed up notes he took from yesterdays meeting and told me he knew i was interested in the other position. he told me to go ahead and try it out for a week, and if i liked it, i had his okay to move on. otherwise, i could keep my current job. easy as pie. it was odd, though. i somehow thought that maybe he would have actually wanted me to stay in my current job, but i guess i was wrong. but, i am glad he didn't say anything negative and let me go with that. and by the time i had gone to talk to my 'new boss' and come back ~ all within about 30 minutes ~ mr. fp had already sent an email out to the department saying that i would be in another department all of next week and that i would not be performing my regular duties. gee...think he wants me out???

so i start on monday. friday will be my last day at my current job and mr. fp won't be in on friday, thank the lord, there is sweet relief. i will have to work an hour earlier, but, then i will also get off an hour earlier. plus, my new boss isn't concerned about overtime in the least, so that's a good thing. i always hate watching the clock. i will also have a bit of a different schedule ~ working weekends at times, so i will have 2 weeks days off. i am secretly looking forward to that as i will have time to do a lot on week days off, like random appointments and house stuff without c getting in the way. plus, since c's work schedule is really flexible, he can take weekdays off if he wants, so i'll still get to see him. and besides, hunting season starts next saturday so it's not like i'll see him on weekends anyways!

in other news, today is my 3 year anniversary. i woke up to a sweet card from c and he brought me flowers at work today, which was really cute. he had asked flowergirl to bring me some today, but she was slammed so she didn't end up coming by the office until after i had already left for the day. she said she had left some on my desk, so i'll have to wait until tomorrow to get them. she did manage to get to c's office to deliver the ones i ordered for him, so i'm happy about that. he said he really liked them and promised to keep them in his office.

we're going to dinner at my favorite resturant tonight and i'm looking forward to that. when i got home today i laid on the bed, listened to some music and read a few magazines. i just took a bubble bath and am slowly getting ready for dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home