i just want to curl up and cry. i had an hour meeting today with mr. fp and another colleague who decided to stab me in the back. nice. things have gotten worse. mr. fp has now talked to 4 of my other colleagues/friends at work about talking to me during the day, saying that i'm 'too social' and that they need to stay away from me because it's being percieved by other people that i'm not getting my work done. yep. just percieved. i'm doing my work, but since others percieve me not to be, well then, by all means...let's believe them over what's really going on...

uh huh.

this is even more ridiculous because i deal with these 4 people on WORK RELATED ISSUES. one of them is a chef and we were working on a menu for a dinner for tonight. whatever. i'm sorry that i actually have good working relationships with people and am not just a snot to people. it's called having good work ethic while being friendly and professional ~traits that most of my colleagues do not posess.

the meeting did nothing but show that i'm not a valued employee to them and they could care less if i stayed or left. sure, he said he was my biggest fan, but that's a load of crap. he has never stood up for me in any circumstance, and the other gal in the meeting has now burned me 2 times. i'm over that friendship. she told me we would meet with mr. fp today to go over 'our' frustrations, and instead, she ended up meeting with him yesterday, over lunch, and today we talked about all the things that are being percieved by others that i am doing wrong. wtf is that?!

yesterday i talked to someone about another job on property. i called him this evening and he spoke to his boss earlier today about my interest in the position. his boss will be talking to mr. fp tomorrow. it was suggested that i talk to his boss before his boss talks to mr. fp, or at least as soon as i get to work tomorrow, just in case mr. fp decides he wants to blackball me. if that occours and i don't get the other position, i will be handing in my 2 week notice. that is for sure. c is beind me on that as well.

i am scared and don't know how the next few weeks will go, but life will go on no matter what happens.

on another note, atticus has been sneaky and eating leaves of plants during the night. well today he went poo and pooped out a whole leaf. it was hilarious!!!

4 Comments:

  1. Sally said...
    ok, so here's my totally selfish reaction to your story...

    maybe you'll put in your notice, they'll say here's your 2 weeks pay but you can leave now, and then you'll have time to come down and visit me before we leave! =)

    What do you think about that??

    Seriously, I hope you get it all worked out...keep me posted!
    maddie said...
    you know, i was thinking about that last night...i will TOTALLY come visit you if that happens. :)
    Sally said...
    Ok, let me know!!
    Sarrah October Young said...
    Doesn't sound like a bad thing to leave a job where you aren't appreciated or respected. Better to leave and find something more suited to your talents. Look at it as though it's a gift; now you can discover what you truly want to do and go do it!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home