atty is my friend


what a day today turned out to be. after i left work, i went to get my eyebrows done since they were starting to take over my face. as i was leaving the salon, one of the gals called out to me as i was walking across the parking lot and asked me to stay and chat for a while. she was having some trouble with some things and wanted my opinion. she's a really nice lady, and also my bikini waxer, so we've shared some moments, to say the least. it did feel good to be sought to chat with, though. we decided to have lunch sometime soon.

after i left i went to a kitchen store in town ~ those type of stores always seem to get me in trouble ~ and found a coffee maker. i ended up getting the same one we already had. i also bought a small caraff that keeps coffee warm, a mini sauce pan for melting butter on the stove as we don't have a microwave and a simple white milk pitcher. i'm happy with my purchases. when i got home i fired up the coffee maker and had a delicious cup of coffee. the caraff works really well, too, as of course, i had to test that out as well.

i ended up reading for a bit later in the afternoon and ended up falling asleep. big surprise, i know. anyhow, i woke up at 7:05, so i was not able to go to a meeting i had planned on going to at 7. but that's okay. i've gone to 2 already this week and will probablly go on saturday. c is getting weird about me not going to enough meetings, but whatever. it's not his program that i'm working. it felt good to nap as today was stressful. besides, i only really napped for about 45 minutes, so it really wasn't that long at all.

later i took out the trash since tomorrow's trash day and cleaned up the house. i have a huge pile of shoes on my office floor, but i plan on leaving them there as i had rediscovered a bunch of shoes that i had forgotten about and want to wear them before i forget about them again. the weather has finally cooled down and right now it's a little chilly even. it's the first time i've had to put a sweatshirt on in forever. it's nice, though.

i don't have any plans for the weekend and am very glad for that. since deer season is starting soon, c has all sorts of plans this weekend so i know i'll have some good free time for myself. tomorrow after work i'm going to help out at a art festival in town. my work has a booth and i offered to volunteer.

c's response when i told him? ' oh, so i guess you're going to miss the meeting tomorrow, then.' um, yeah. i am. good lord. there's more to life than those damn meetings. i swear. i'm sober and happy. isn't that enough? things will fall into place all in good time. don't push me or rush me, damn it. humph.

1 Comment:

  1. Sarrah October Young said...
    In terms of your meetings, I think you should go to as many or as few that you feel you need. This is all about your recovery, not about how to make everyone proud of you for squeezing in fifteen meeting a week. Sheesh! C needs to realize that you are doing what's best for you, and that you are the only person who truly knows what you need. You're doing great!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home