my nose is cold

fin is the king of the house! as i was leaving for work this morning, i heard the deep growl of frustration coming from him. i tracked him down, and low and behold, he had caught another mouse in the house! i grabbed him and dashed into the bathroom where i held him and the mouse over the toilet while trying to get the mouse out of fin's death grip. i finally got the mouse out and fin gave me a gnarly gash in my leg, but it was well worth it. i praised him and fed him extra kitty treats.

work went well, again. if this is a dream, i just don't want to wake up. we have a fly coffee maker at work ~ it grinds the beans and brews the coffee per cup ~ so that is delightful. we also have a mini fridge stocked with the essentials ~ red bull, water, soda, champagne ~ because you never know when a celebration might just break out!

it's also still a dream to me that i get to arrive at 8:30 am. for the last two years i've had to be at work sooo much earlier. it gives me so much time to get ready in the morning. it's really quite nice. and there's no time clock, no big brother watching. it's great. i can eat or drink at my desk whatever and whenever i want. i can also leave the office if i need to whenever i want ~ like for lunch. last last two days i've run some errands and stopped by my house. oh. and did i mention my insurance coverage? yeah. 100% coverage for me and hubby. wow. unheard of. and i get to work on a fly mac. i do love macs. they're so great and are so far superior to pc's. (sorry, pc fans!).

so i have held strong and not contacted my parents. my dad sent me another delightful email on monday ~ shortly after i got off the phone crying ~ that said " what is going on with you? why are you acting the way you are?" i never responded. then today, i got a card in the mail from them. upon seeing it, it gave me a small glimmer of hope that maybe they realized what they had done. i opened the card, and on the cover it says " congratulations on your new job" then on the inside " wishing you a happy future and success in everything you do " and was signed " your parents" um....okay. first of all, my mother makes each and every card that she sends, this one was clearly bought somewhere cheap. and second, there was nothing written by them except "your parents". whatever. i'm over it.

well, time to do the dreaded dishes that have piled up since monday....

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Can I come work with you? That sounds heavenly.

    Sorry about the 'rents.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home