what would you do?

i'm watching a show on people who have won the lottery. most of them have gone banckrupt and many have turned to a life of drugs because they can't handle the sudden life of extreme weatlth. some have remained happy and healthy, but only if they managed their weath very carefully.

this got me to thinking...what would i do if i hit it big...for fun, lets say $500 million.

first, i would pay of whatever debts i have. right now, i don't have much, so that's good.

next, i would buy
this car. i would buy hubby one of these because he has always wanted one and because he already has two cars.

then, i would send my parents on a trip, maybe one like
this.

next, i would go on a trip with hubby somewhere, maybe
like this.

then, i would go on a trip with my jackarandabush
here.

then, i would buy a home like
this.

i would go on monthly visits here for some pampering. i would also let hubby come along sometimes, if he was good.

the rest of the money would go into savings/money market accounts/ cds. i would take out some here and there for shopping and traveling, but i would do my best to be pretty tame about it.


what would you do if you won it big?

5 Comments:

  1. SJ said...
    Kill the first-born male child in every household.

    Oh, wait - you said if I won $500 million, didn't you, not if I were a Biblical King...

    Damn.

    :)
    Anonymous said...
    I'll tell you what I'd do...two chicks at the same time, thats what I'd do.
    Terry said...
    First I would buy my Mother a new home and a nice car.... Not because I am oh so sweet.. Nope!! because I am selfish!! I would provide her with everything to soothe the savage beast, in hopes that I would eliminate her need for weekly therapy sessions... I cant take it much longer!! But being such a good little girl, I listen!!

    Then I would join you in France!!!
    Anonymous said...
    to tell a family secret, though, i would be torn with a) wanting to get on a fancy boat and a fancy plane and walk the earth getting toasted and doing two chicks at the same time against the desire to b) spread some cash around in my hometown to help folks who need it.

    i suppose with satellite tech and a battery of paid helpers i could hook a situation where i managed my charitable affairs from the poop deck of my 100 foot yacht.

    huh huh huh...i said "poop."

    what was the question again?
    Helene said...
    I would cry. I dont think I could handle winning all that money... I truly think I would take a family trip and brainstorm... perhaps bring some financial gurus with us to help direct our thought process... I would let everyone get one silly thing they wanted (within reason) then set up a trust for each of the kids... the bulk I would honestly donate. I would try to do random acts of kindness... or just invest in causes I believe in (ie stem cell research)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home