things are looking up...

aahhhh. sweet relief. i just got back from my delicious 90 minute massage. it was sooo good. and not surprisingly...my attitude has been adjusted. all that deep breathing and good vibes that floated around the spa most definitely helped, too. i am ready to take on the world. okay, not really, but i do feel a lot better.

i am going to put the past few days behind me and just go forward. i will not look back. well, i will, but not with the hope that things will get better. i have to resign to the fact that they will not, no matter how hard i try.


the fact that both my parents told me i was an inconvenience to them and that they both accused me on 2 seperate occasions of being drunk ~ um...i have been sober for one year and 4 months ~ is completly and utterly inexscusable. and that's just only a little part of the past few days.


i am slowly coming to terms with things. my drive back to hubby and the kitties yesterday was long and gave me a lot of deep thinking time. i am in a good place here. hubby and i are working on our relationship and i have the world's best friends. and for that, i am so thankful.


i start my new job on monday and i can't wait! i'm very excited about my new venture. it's going to be great ~ i just know it. i will finally be back to a normal working schedule ~ monday - friday 8:30 - 5:30. and the atmosphere there seems great. and i can wear jeans to work! nice jeans, of course, but still. i don't have to wear suits or stockings, so that's a definite plus. oh, and i have such a tiny commute. and it's the highest paying job i've had to date!


now if only my house would clean itself....

7 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    If I were adsvising you, I would say that until and unless your folks make penance for their latest beat-down, you should make it clear to them that you wont be seeing them or taking their calls.
    be clear as to why, and defend your honor. show them the pimp hand if necessary.

    you have to call bullshit where it exists. you shouldnt see them or talk to them until they agree to treat you with the respect you deserve.
    Helene said...
    my brother was an alcoholic and lived with me for some time in every home I have ever owned but this one...(now that he is gone, thats a sad thought for sure!) So I have lived through some of the same things your parents probably have...

    idk what I would have done in your position, but I might have said that even if that were the case, and it wasnt, wouldnt you want me to get back up an on the band wagon? If someone falters dont we help them up? It seems a bit selfish of them... on the other hand, if it were my brother I would have been livid as i went through it soooooooooooooooooooo many times and after a while I got tired...

    Glad you are in a better place with a man who loves you and a kitty to keep your mind on sweet things! =]
    Sally said...
    I'm glad you came home to happy things. I don't know what to say about your parents...that's a situation I thankfully have never had to be in. BUT, you KNOW you have people who love you, so rely on them instead! =)

    And I'm so jealous about the jeans thing...I could wear jeans to my last job, but only on Fridays at this one! I can't wait to hear all about your first day!
    maddie said...
    here's the thing. my parents never knew i had a drinking problem. the only saw me drunk one time. perhaps twice. i didn't really start drinking heavily until after college. waaayyy after i moved out of the house and away from them.

    in fact, i haven't lived at home in over 12 years so they have no idea what my life is like, as we've never been close. also, they are incredably judgemental. my mother actually argued with me on my wedding day about me wearing a white dress. she thought i should not be wearing one as i had had sex before i married ~ and i was 27!

    so no, they have no clue. the fact that my mother called my to everyone's attention at a dinner party that i was drinking wine, when in fact i had a glass of sparkling water, was ridiculous. sparkling water in no way looks like the red wine that they were having. especially since no one there knew i had stopped drinking as no one there knew i had a problem!

    and for my father to accuse me of being drunk meerly because i was laughing my ass off at my girlfriend because she farted, is inexscusable as well.

    they have no idea what an alcoholic is, nor do they understand someone's ability to stop drinking. they are very sheltered and very mean. and have no understanding for anyone but themselves.
    Anonymous said...
    if mom ever did what you described happened to you,

    and dad partook of the evil treatment, or didnt defend you,

    after going taxi driver on both of them, i would pull a "james brown" on you:

    the godfather's people used to usher him offstage after a long soulful show by running up to him and throwing a full-body robe gilded & sequined around him, enveloping him quickly and safely to the hospitality room, where a good time was had by all.
    Anonymous said...
    I'm glad things are starting to look up! Congrats on starting the new job, too. I hope it goes well.

    As for the family stuff... ugh. We can't choose who raises us, but we can choose our families, and it looks like yours with your hubby and the kitties is fantastic.
    Helene said...
    ic... that is awful! Good for you for moving forward! Good luck with the job! How exciting!

    Have a great weekend!!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home