Interview Meme

I signed up for the delightful Gypsy to interview me and she came up with some great questions.

1. How did you meet your husband and when did you know it was love?

We met when we were both in college, working for the same politician. I was on the staff as a receptionist/secretary and he was the intern. We were both in other relationships, so we didn't until about a year later, when we both were single. He tired flirting with me, but he was so bad at it, I didn't realize he was doing it! We started dating after he graduated and moved away. We dated long distance for about 6 months until I moved to the town he was living in, 3 hours north of where I was currently living. We dated for another two years before we got married and in August will be married for 4 years. I'm not sure when I knew when I was in love or even how I finally figured it out. All I knew is that he made me laugh - a lot and we had a lot in common. I also knew we worked well together and shared common interests. I liked his family and his friends and liked that he was independent. Oh, and I thought he was really good looking. Plus, he surfed, which I found really attractive. Funny, I haven't seen him surf since we've left college.

2. You can be the spokesperson for any charity or organization. Which one would you chose and why?

I would select either the national park foundation because of my great love for national parks, or for pets lifeline, the non-profit animal shelter here in town. Those are the places I have donated my time and money and stand behind everything they stand for. I love the outdoors and feel that we have to do all we can to preserve what mother nature has given us. And while I have been to many national parks, I will never tire of them. They are all so beautiful and wondrous, yet ask nothing of us in return, only to be kind and take our trash when we leave. Pets lifeline has given me the happiness that is my happy rays of furry sunshine, Atticus and Finnegan. Pets Lifeline saves cats and dogs from being euthanized, which makes me very happy. They strive to find safe and loving homes for all the animals and provide care when something goes wrong. They also make sure all the animals are spayed or neutered before they are adopted out, which i strongly agree with.

3. Name 3 books that had a powerful effect on you.

The Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kingston
Skinny Legs and All by Tom Robbins
Cherry by Mary Karr

4. What are you afraid of?

Not ever knowing my biological history. The older I get, the harder it is not knowing where I came from. It makes me feel really alone at times.

5. Name 5 things that turn you on.

a good smelling man
a man fresh out of the ocean
soft kisses that lead to passionate ones
playful flirting
caressing in the right places
being with me in mind, body and spirit

DIRECTIONS FOR THE INTERVIEW MEME

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions
4. You will include this explanation and offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

1 Comment:

  1. Gypsy said...
    Yay! I loved your answers. :)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home