and so it is.


so today was a very bizarre day indeed. i got up at 8 am then drank coffee on the couch, watched bad daytime tv and chatted online for a few hours. around 11 i started my day. i cleaned the house, did laundry, went to the store, went to the bank and ran a few other random errands. i went and got my eyebrows done - hey, just because i'm unemployed, doesn't mean i can't look good - and ended up getting them done for free because my girl likes me that much. see, it does pay being nice to people. then i got my bangs trimmed and got those done for free as well. my guy does complimentary bang trims and the two salons are next door to each other so that worked out well. it did make me feel a whole lot better, too.

by the time i was done with everything, i was beat. my head was still going a mile a minute, so i know that didn't help much either. i decided since i was home all day, the least i could do was make dinner, so i made some chicken fajitas and the house smelled delicious.

hubby came home and we headed to an aa meeting, which i so very much needed. ever since this whole ordeal happened yesterday, i have been a bit of a wreck, mentally, that is. i have been craving a drink, but i called my sponsor yesterday and talked with a bunch of friends since, and have no desire to pick anything up. i know what a drink will do to me and i don't want that at all. i just have to be strong, but i am so glad to know there are others there i can lean on as well. i'm going to dinner with a girlfriend tomorrow night and i'm looking forward to that.

i have no idea what i am going to do now, but i do need a break from things. hell, this all came from so far away, that i don't even have a resume put together. i mean, that's how unprepared for all of this i was.

and as kate pointed out, thankfully i have hubby to support me right now. while we will have to scrimp and save, luckily, his salary can carry us for the interm. the saddest part to me, is that i now have to cancel our trip to sedona that we were going to take for our 4th anniversary in 2 weeks. i'm really, really sad about that, but we just can't justify the cost right now. the flight, car rental and fancy hotel would add up to quite a bit. so instead, we are going to his family cabin up in the sierra's. that will be nice, but it's no sedona, that's for sure. he was really looking forward to going to sedona too, so i know he's bummed out as well. i suggested that we go to sedona over thankgiving, so we'll see if that happens.

i'm trying to keep positive about things but everything is just so confusing right now. i put new sheets on the bed today to make it feel fresh and new. a gently breeze is playing with the bedroom curtains and i am calming down for the night.

i hope tomorrow will be a better day.

4 Comments:

  1. Sally said...
    You have a great attitude about this...even though I know how hard it is.

    Maybe you and C should leave it all behind and move to KS! =)
    Terry said...
    I think you are handling this very well and I am proud of you for that!!

    When you look back on this, you will realize what a blessing in disguise it really is!! Just another step closer to where you are meant to be!!
    Gypsy said...
    Keep your chin up, sweetie.
    Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...
    I got fired from The Body Shop - that's how I got out of retail. Totally out of left field and for six weeks after I couldn't find a job, varied between cleaning like a madwoman and crying in despair, writing in my journal like a teenager. Then a friend forwarded me a job that I thought I was totally unqualified for. Applied, interviewed hired and worked there 2 years and ended up qualified to get the job I have now.

    Things DO happen for a reason, and good this happened now and not later. Things will work out, keep that positive outlook and sunny disposition! :-)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home