thursday thirteen


Since I have had some idle time lately, I have been reading a lot. So, today's list will be about 13 books that have made a difference in my life and changed me in some way after reading them. so in no particular order, i give you my list.

1. forever by judy blume

2. the bell jar by sylvia plath

3. the catcher in the rye by j.d. salinger

4. the portrait of the artist as a young man by james joyce

5. lucy by jamica kincaid

6. where the red fern grows by wilson rawls

7. the giving tree by shel silverstein

8. skinny legs and all by tom robbins

9. cherry by mary karr

10. the woman warrior by maxine hong kingston

11. flowers in the attic by v.c. andrews

12. the velveteen rabbit by margery williams

13. are you there god? it's me, margaret by judy blume

what are some of the books on your list?

3 Comments:

  1. Terry said...
    Where the Red Fern Grows is my all time favorite book...:)
    Sally said...
    Oh man...I spent HOURS and hours reading all the V.C. Andrews books...interesting stories, but I was always so depressed after I read them.

    My favorite growing up books are Anne of Green Gables, The Secret Garden, and anything by Judy Blume.
    Gypsy said...
    Cherry was so so good!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home