Happy Lazy 4th of July!

well, for me it's lazy. sort of. we got up early to run a footrace in kenwood this morning. i opted for the smaller race as i did not get to train as i had hoped and there was NO way i was going to be able to finish the gnarly 10k in any reasonable amount of time. the 10k route was quite grueling with hill after hill after hill. so, i ran the 3k. that race only had one steady grade and one hill. i finished in just over 20 minutes which isn't too bad for just under two miles and not having run in over 2 weeks. but, while i feel good for running the race, i am a bit disappointed in myself for not running the 10k. however, i have another chance, as i have another 10k coming up next sunday, on the 15th. hubby ran the 10k and finished in 56 minutes. since i was done quite a bit before him, was able to get a free 10 minute sports massage. now, that was delightful.

and i'm also glad i ran the shorter race as i had a um...bit of a spill earlier this week. in the middle of safeway. yeah. good times. i was walking down the middle of the aisle, when all of a sudden, my ankle gave out and the next thing i knew i was sprawled out on the middle of the floor! and since i hadn't zipped up my purse, everything was all over the floor. the kicker of that was when a man down the aisle had seen me fall and ran over to me asking me " mam! are you okay!?" since when did i become a mam!? *sigh* i mumbled that i was okay and sheepishly got my things together and hobbled sightly over to the checkstand. so anyhow, my ankle was still a bit sore today so the shorter race was definitely a good thing.

after the race we headed over to hubby's parents house where we sat in their hot tub for a while ~ luckily they weren't home. we got home shortly before 11 am and i promptly fell asleep on the couch for two delicious hours. when i work up, both kitties were cuddled up against me. we've been lounging ever since. it's over 100 outside, so we're not doing anything but laying low inside. we don't have air conditioning, but we do have a window unit in the living room which works pretty well. we have the rest of the mini house closed up, so it's really not bad in here. i just had a big bowl of ice cream and am going to make some popcorn. don't want to spoil the holiday by eating something healthy, now do i!

2 Comments:

  1. Terry said...
    You are such a rockstar.. Another race so soon?? Holy Happy Cows!! I took my spill before my last race, and every step of the 5 miles it felt like someone was frogging my butt cheek!!
    Gypsy said...
    Take it easy on that ankle! :)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home