leaving, on a jet plane*

in a few minutes, i will start to get ready for my trip to visit my girlfriend in kansas for the weekend. i haven't seen her in a while...maybe over a year or so and i'm really looking forward to visiting her. she and her hubby moved out to kansas awhile ago ~ the used to live in so cal ~ so i'm looking forward to seeing her new place. we went to college together so i know we will have great fun this weekend! i just put a coat of chanel lily beige nail polish on my fingers ~ my new favorite color ~ and have left my toes kind of yuckie looking because we're getting pedi's this weekend.

i went out with a friend for lunch today and we sat at my favorite outdoor eatery. somehow i forgot i live in touristland, so it took forever to find parking. luckily my friend got there before me, so we had a table right out front. as we were finishing up, hubby's granny and two cousins came out of the same restaurant we were lunching at. we said our hellos and got back to our coffee. it was so nice to be out!

later i walked with my friend back to his office and ran in to chat with hubby's cousin ~ my friend and the cousin work together. we went for coffee ~ yes, more coffee. hey, it's better than drinking for me. that would be a freaking disaster. anyhow, i totally heart the place we went for coffee. the outside part has this little alley with a fountain and it's so pretty. and they gave me a nice big cup on a saucer. i'm a sucker for cups and saucers, i don't know why. anyway, we chatted for, like, 45 minutes. i really like hubby's cousin. he's the most normal of the bunch and i get along with him best. he had to get back to work ~ sucker ~ and i wandered around a bit, poking my way into fun little shops to do some light shopping for my weekend, because really? i have nothing to wear.

when i wandered into one shop, they had kitties on display from the local kitty shelter (the same place we got atty and finn from) and there was a mini atty in the cage! oh, he was sooo cute and tiny! he looked just like atty. i didn't let myself pick him up lest i come home with him.

after my busy afternoon, i had to take a nap, so thankfully the kitties obliged me in nap time and cuddled right up with me. hubby came home from work and woke me from my slumber, but i did get in about an hours worth, so i'm good for another few hours. heh.

hubby is taking his granny to the family cabin for the weekend while i am away and his mother will be coming by to take care of the kitties. every time we go away she asks for detailed instructions on how to take care of them. seriously? they're cats. they just need food and water. it's not hard. evidently, though, it is. and we have to write out the instructions or else she will freak out. oh, and did i mention she has pets of her own? right. but her pets are not really allowed in the house. well, they are, but are super limited on house time. the dogs live outside in a kennel and the cats have long since passed away. i'm okay with animals being outside, but they should have the total option of being inside whenever they want, too. i think it's sad to keep dogs locked up outside. especially in the winter! it's freaking cold here. but, i digress.

ooh...the gardner just showed up. i better get the trash cans out...tomorrow is trash day. i have to get up super early to get off to the airport and so i better get a'packin!

*john denver

1 Comment:

  1. Sally said...
    I LOVE the song Leaving on a Jet Plane...we used to sing it in elementary school during folk singing! =)

    Can't wait to see you!!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home