oh internets, today was such a nutty day. and not even with good nuts. i didn't want to get out of bed, as usual, but still was able to make it to work relatively on time. it was the same as always when i got there. then things got nutty. a girl i know from another office mentioned to me that there was a job posting on craigslist that looked like an add for MY current job. holy fucking shit. it was for my job. and it was posted on june 28. wow. i didn't know what to do. i asked a colleague what they thought and they said they were sorry. i called hubby and he thought i was overreacting.

i finally went over to our HR guy and asked him. he took me into the conference room and told me the bosses wanted to let me go a while ago and in fact, they had my check ready last week. he said the bosses decided i was not a good fit. well fine, but wouldn't it have been better if they would have talked to me aobut it? hell, i don't know, let me work on things to improve?

this was a disaster. if i hadn't been tipped off on that posting, i would still be in the office right now, thinking nothing was wrong! good god fucking damnit! when i left, no one even said anything to me!

i never cry and for some resaon, the tears just keep coming. the valuim i just took are helping calm me. and my friends have sent some nice messages in IM.

what the hell am i going to do now!?

5 Comments:

  1. Sally said...
    Girl, that stinks! Why can't people just be up front?? Did they give you any kind of severance?

    The same thing happened to me at my first company after we moved back to CA from TX. I already hated my job and had received a terrible review (my boss was the biggest idiot, and he made up a bunch of stuff in my review), so I went home that day (after humiliating myself by crying in his office) and started looking for another job...when, lo and behold, my job pops up on a job board. I couldn't believe it!

    I should have let them fire me, but I just picked up the pace on my job search, and was out of there and on to the best job I've ever had, in about 3 weeks.

    Don't stress about it too much...it wasn't right, so now you can move on to find something that's right!
    Terry said...
    They did not respect you enough anyway, and I am sure you will find a better fit somewhere else!!

    Chin Up Kiddo!!
    Helene said...
    ok, 1. Good thing you were looking at Craigs list! What made you look anyway???

    2. This too shall pass. You can collect unemployment until you find something else, and you WILL!

    3. Your hubby will support you and help you through this bit of doom and gloom. Good thing you have him!

    4. Its still the summer... no better time to be without a job! =]

    5. Fall is approaching and the job market will get better and better!

    6. You are a good person and are, I am assuming, that you are good at what you do. You will end up where you need to be. Its all a journey! Its a life lesson of somesort.

    7. We're here for ya!
    maddie said...
    thanks, girls.

    kate, i was looking at craigslist because a girlfriend had im'd me saying a job description she had stumbled upon looked very much like the job i had. so, i immediately had to check it out and then found out that she was right. ugh.

    thank you all for your kindness. it really does help a lot to know that you care! :)
    Gypsy said...
    I'm so sorry it went down like that! I hope you can find something better soon. {hugs}

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home