it has been such a day for me! i had to get up early to take hubby's car to the shop to get a windshield wiper repaired and a tail light replaced. he had gotten me a loaner car, but since the service was pretty quick, i waited at the dealership. a little while later i went and got my eyebrows done as it had been forever and i just don't do so well plucking them on my own. i decided since it had been a while and since my birthday is on monday that i would get a facial as well.

my gal was open later in the afternoon for a facial so i booked an appointment and took off for the grocery store. i didn't have to pay for the eyebrows as i was getting a facial later and brows are free with a facial, so i was glad to save a few dollars.

after the grocery store i checked for some jobs online then got ready to go to my facial. as i opened the door to leave there were two packages waiting for me. one was some sassy new lingerie i ordered and the other was my very first birthday present from my gal pal terry!!! i was so excited that i opened the box right in the middle of the garage. along with a bunch of fun snacky goodies, she sent me a delicious bottle of burberry brit perfume! i immediately sprayed some on. there was also a darling willow tree figurine of an angel holding a kitty and a singing birthday card with a free itunes download. oh, and a sassy red sweatshirt from her company. it fits perfectly! :-)

after that excitement, i went to get my facial. it was dreamy. i really enjoy the place i go to; it's so peaceful and relaxing. but the best part was when i was done....my gal didn't let me pay for anything! she said it was her treat for my birthday! holy cow! eyebrows AND a facial. and the facial was for 90 minutes.

and if that wasn't enough, when i got home i got a REFUND check for $72 from my insurance company for overpayment on a medical bill! that NEVER happens! so i'm feeling especially warm and fuzzy right now, with supple skin and smelling good to boot!

2 Comments:

  1. Terry said...
    You should have waited until your actual birthday... :)

    Glad you had such a wonderful day! Still waiting on my luck to change, I must learn to keep my mouth shut. I said it couldn't get worse.. and IT DID!!
    Gypsy said...
    Wow, that sounds like a wonderful day. Where's mine? ;)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home