thursday thirteen


since i'm such a fan of music, i decided to do a list of my favorite concerts ~ in no particular order. i'll do my best to remember the years...boy this takes me back! oh, and the rain cloud in the header is in honor of our first rain of the season, not because i'm feeling grey.


1. oingo boingo ~ 1992 irvine meadows with my cousin. it was their halloween show.

2. no doubt ~ 2002 arco arena with jacarandabush

3. blink-182 ~ 2001 shoreline amphitheater with hubby when we were dating, also with kara and jed

4. guns-n-roses/metallica ~ 1992 the rose bowl with my cousin

5. janet jackson ~ 1989 rhythm nation tour with bashka and wayana and i thought it was such a big deal that we were going to opening night!

6. michael jackson ~ 1991 dangerous tour frankfurt, germany with two of my cousins for my 16th birthday ( i was in germany for the summer)

7. morrisey ~ 1993 the hollywood bowl with my cousin and my friend erin

8. toad the wet sprocket ~ 1995 cal poly, slo with my boyfriend at the time and my friend kelly

9. stone temple pilots ~ 1994 irvine meadows with friends j.d and ken

10. lollapalooza 1993 somewhere in so cal with my boyfriend at the time

11. dave matthews band ~ 2003 sleeptrain ampithearter with jacarandabush, mike and his neighbor whose name i have since forgotten

12. alan jackson/ deana carter ~ 1998 mid state fair i can't even remember who i went with! maybe christine? i do remember we were in the second row, though.

13. duran duran ~ 2005 sacramento community center with several friends. well, it started with several friends, then ended up being just me and bobby.....but that's a whole other story.


what about you? what are your favorite concerts?


5 Comments:

  1. Sally said...
    I'm so mad at myself for not remembering the concerts I've been to better...because I know there have been a TON!

    Most of them are country, but I can't even remember all the artists I've seen...and the first one wasn't until I was in college, unless you count Amy Grant in Fresno when I was in high school, I think.

    Of course, I'll never forget the one at the Santa Barbara County Fair (can't remember who we saw, but I danced like a wild woman with Micah) when Organic Girl wore my white rockies and HAD to sit on her now-hubby's lab so she wouldn't get dirty...they were inseparable after that!
    Ginger said...
    Redbuds, I mean redbuds! Hah! Thanks for stopping by!
    Samantha_K said...
    Oh my Lord. I am so jealous of you and your concert list. You have seen some amazing performances.
    My favorite concert ever (yes, ever) was Rick Springfield, 2002 at the Orlando House of Blues. I was up front, right against the stage.
    Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...
    Oooh Morrissey was a top one for me too, I saw him in 1991 I believe and it was life-altering.

    other good ones? Susan Tedeschi at a GA venue, small crowd, got to meet her. Music sounded so good i did cry.

    Bonnaroo was awesome - Govt Mule with Bob Weir, Michael Franti and other guests was cool. Xavier Rudd was awesome, same with Roots and john Butler Trio.

    Sounds corny, but when I saw Creed when they first came out, 5th row, perfect concert weather and they sounded fab. Awesome experience.

    Oooh, I am so going to make a list!
    Gypsy said...
    Oooh, Duran Duran!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home