have you seen my stapler?

* Peter Gibbons: You see Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
Bob Porter: Don't... don't care?
Peter Gibbons: It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation? And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses right now.
Bob Porter: Eight?
Peter Gibbons: Eight, Bob. So that means when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.


so tomorrow i have two meetings with all of my bosses. did i mention i now have 4 bosses? and back to back, no less. the first meeting is to discuss who knows what then the second meeting is i'm sure more of the same. okay, so that's not entirely true. my newest boss is leaving for two weeks tomorrow, so the first meeting will be about things that need to get done while he is gone. the second meeting, with an additional boss, will be presumably about my role in all of this.

see, today i talked to the new boss and tried to share some of my frustrations, which, of course, fell on deaf ears, and i mentioned that i didn't know he was going to be hired until literally the day he started. (totally true. i got an email by mistake that said i was to be working for this new guy, like 2 days before he was going to start). anyhow, he got a bit fussy saying when he started his interview process 14 months ago, he was told he would have an executive assistant in place who knew exactly everything that was going on. he was not pleased when i told him that i was hired 5 months ago to be my other bosses assistant and i only learned that i would be his assistant when he started 2 weeks ago. i swear to god he thought i was making that up.

it's been a nightmare ever since he started and i'm really not looking forward to tomorrow. sure, it will be good to get everything out in the open and have my roll defined and all, but still. IT SUCKS HAVING 4 BOSSES!!!

*lines from the greatest movie ever.

oh, and my blog looks just swell here on my mac, so maybe it's just older pc's that don't want to play nice. who knows.

5 Comments:

  1. Sally said...
    It sucks having ONE boss, I can't imagine having 4!

    Oh, and my laptop is only a year old, and it still looks weird...but I usually read blogs in bloglines, so I don't notice it.
    Gypsy said...
    But will you have to file TPS reports?
    WendyB said...
    I've been through the multiple boss thing. It's ridiculous.
    Gina said...
    I feel your pain. The way my old job was set up, I literally (at times, depending on the different projects) had up to 12 bosses! Count 'em, 12!
    maddie said...
    i TOTALLY have to do TPS reports. And in triplicate!!!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home