i bought my first maternity clothes today. i am no longer comfortable in my regular clothes and am not really happy walking around with my pants unbuttoned all the time, either. i do have a belly band thing, but it's really not that comfortable for me.

over the weekend i went to the gap and bought two pairs of regular pants, in a size bigger than normal. and while those are nice and comfy, i knew i need to get something that would fit a bit better and for a bit longer. i didn't buy much, just some jeans, khakis, shorts and a pretty flowy top, but they will last me longer than the regular stuff. i bought everything at the gap online, so it was nice and cheap.

my mil thinks i should shop at a pea in the pod, but clearly she's on crack because there is no way i can afford that stuff and i know she won't be dropping any cash one me. and i am definitely showing now, which is good seeing how i'm 4 months along. holy crap. how did that happen so fast?

i also started my registries. i don't have too much on them, but i figured it was never too early to start. plus several of my girlfriends have given me some pretty good tips on what to get, so i know i'm going in the right direction. the fun part about registries is that you can put anything you want on there and it doesn't make one bit of difference because you're not forcing anyone to buy you anything.

once we find out the sex of the kid, then i can start adding stuff based more on what we're having rather than a bunch of generic stuff like it is now. but, i don't want to be traditional, so i'm not doing all pink or all blue, either. not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just not for me.

well, i'm exhausted. i made sally's mom's meatloaf for dinner and had a long bath and now am ready for bed.

good night, lovers!

6 Comments:

  1. Gina said...
    There is no reason to spend a ton of money on maternity clothing anyway, so you've got the right idea.
    Sally said...
    Tell that MIL that if she wants you to have Pea in the Pod, she can buy it for you! Gina is right! There's cute stuff out there that isn't too pricey...Old Navy online is pretty good, too!
    Anonymous said...
    Don't get grossed out, but eBay is actually amazing for this stuff. I mean think about it, people wear it a handful of times if they wear it at all....
    Sally said...
    Oh yeah, I bought several things off ebay, and it was cheap cheap! I had to guess on sizes, but it worked out ok.
    maddie said...
    oh, i totally love ebay. that's where most of my kate spade shoes have come from. :) and i would really like a pair of 7 for all mankind maternity jeans but i will not pay full retail for a pair that will only last me for 4 months, so i'm looking for some of those, too.
    Gypsy said...
    Maternity clothes are so much cuter these days than they used to be.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home