i did it!


Yesterday I ran my first 10k race. Okay, to be honest, I didn't run all of it. I walked about half of it. I started off nice and strong, but whithered shortly before the 2 mile mark. From then on, I ran a bit and walked a bit until I crossed the finish line. I won't tell you my time, but I finished. And I wasn't last. There were people finishing well after me, too. Hubby finished in about 52 minutes, doing around an 8 minute mile. I finished well after him, but I felt good when I finished. Well, good considering the searing hot pain I had in my left foot every time I set it down from mile 3 on....

Now I have 5 weeks until my next 10k race. Hopefully now I'll have more time to train as I shouldn't be working crazy hours anymore. I'm even hopeful that I'll get to leave at a normal time and take a normal lunch for a while again.

The visit with my folks was, well, normal. Well, as normal as a visit with them can be. Normal to me because I grew up with them. Definitely not normal for anyone else who was involved. Thank god they stayed in a hotel about 20 miles away, though. And thank god they're on their way home now.

hehhe. my boss just came in and we're both dressed the same. niiiice! ;) we both have on tan cords, black adidas sambas and black shirts.

2 Comments:

  1. Gypsy said...
    Congrats! I'm very impressed!
    Terry said...
    YAY!! woot woot woot... You did it!! I am Soooo Proud.. Doesn't matter how long it took you, you finished!! and with pain...:(

    BIG HUGS!!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home