i'm beat...

...like a red headed step-child.

i had to get a blood test this morning and had to fast for 12 hours. luckily, i slept thru most of that overnight, but the worst part was not starting the morning with coffee, and damn did it smell good. i didn't have my first cup until shortly after 9. then at 10 i had an eye appointment. i'm on my last pair of contacts and since finn decided my glasses would make a good chew toy the other day, i'm in a bit of a pickle. my eyes are driving me nuts. but, i did order a sassy new pair of glasses today...

i finally got to work at 10:45 and what a goofy day it turned out to be. the thing that my office lacks the most is communication. but, the other day i resigned myself to the fact that i work as hard as i can each day and the job does not define me. therefore, i will not let it bother me any more. it was a bit of a disaster, though today, but damn it, i did my best!

but, all was not bad as i got my tickets for the race this weekend, so i'm happy. i've never been before, so it'll be an experience, that's for sure. hubby will go with me to the main race on sunday, but we'll see if i make it to the track on friday and saturday. our tiny town of oh, 9,000 people, will suddenly see an additional 100,000 people streaming in for the race. yikes! better get my wife beater and cut off jean shorts ready for sunday....do i hear some dueling banjos?

and finally, today was day 2 of my training for my next 10k race, which is on the 4th of July. yesterday i ran/walked 3 miles, averaging about 10 minutes a mile. today, i ran almost the whole way, walking only the last 1/4 mile.

i better hit the shower before i fall asleep on the couch!

3 Comments:

  1. Terry said...
    Hey, easy on the Nascar Fans.. I watch the races and do not own a wife beater, but have dated a fellow who did! Dueling Banjos..shame on you!!
    maddie said...
    aw,darling! don't be mad. maybe my perception will change after i go to the race. but i'm still wearing my wife beater!
    Terry said...
    Let me assure you, if you get down in amongst the crowds.... Your perception will NOT change...NASCAR is the world's greatest red neck sport... LOL.. I hope you enjoy it anyways!!

    I don't think you will hear Dueling Banjos unless you go to a Wrestling Event !!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home