this is fierce!

the rain is coming down sideways and the wind is gusting at about 40 miles an hour. nice. i'm so not driving to work after my appointment today. hubby called a little while ago and said he didn't go over 40 mph his whole way to work and there was standing water everywhere, which will be a lot worse by the time i head over (we both work in the same area, though my commute is 25 minutes longer).

my wind chime i've had since college was broken last night and that makes me sad. the top part that is still connected to the front porch is still blowing fiercely in the wind, twisting and turning like mad. i have no idea where the metal chimes have gone.

my front yard is totally flooded and i'm expecting the power to go out at any time. normally i like storms, but this one is totally freaking me out.

i have to work on our house finances today but i'm totally lagging on doing that. i'm catching up on the hills right now instead. ha.

2 Comments:

  1. Terry said...
    Hope your appointment goes well today!! The weather here has been beautiful except for the slight chill which is totally trying to deter me from running.. :)
    Sally said...
    My mom said that Bako was supposed to get 1.5" of rain in this storm...that means it's a big one! =) Hope you didn't float away today!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home