update.

first of all, you all are so kind. thank you all for your kind responses.

it's been quite the week, let me tell you! i found out on monday ~ new year's eve ~ that i was expecting. i had been feeling crummy for a while and decided to take a test ~ at work no less. i didn't believe it at first, but then all the signs were there, so i had to believe. i wasn't going to tell hubby until i got home that day, but he ended up calling me in the afternoon so i told him. there was silence for quite a while on the other end of the line, but he was excited. never once has he muttered a harsh or unkind word, which has been wonderful.

i scheduled an appointment with my gp/obgyn for friday where i got the professional confirmation. she then had me make an appointment with the ob, with whom i will meet with tomorrow afternoon. right now we're guestimating that i am about 6-8 weeks along, thus in the middle of morning sickness, which i do not like one bit. i am pretty much nauseous all the time. it sucks. i haven't gotten sick, but being nauseous for the past few weeks hasn't been much fun, either.

we told our folks after the dr appointment on friday. his mom started crying and his dad said they had given up on us long ago. nice. we've only been married a little over 4 years. and it's not like we're 45 and starting a family. my mother was more excited than i have ever heard. she has never been proud of me before, so this was unusual.

hubby has been quite supportive, even getting me strawberry milkshakes anytime i desire one ~ which is a lot. normally he would never go out of his way to stop, now he does it all the time. it's very sweet and i know i need to milk it for all it's worth!

i no longer drink coffee because i cannot stand the smell! i used to drink a pot a day...so this has been a big change for me. i am now finding new things to eat, which will definitely help me eat healthy for the long run. being at work is hard as the cafeteria here isn't very 'pregnacy friendly' with food. i've been eating a lot of peanut butter and jelly on toast.

my chest has already grown and is so painful. i am busting out of my 'c' cup, so i need to buy a bigger bra soon. i've been sleeping in my bra to give my chest a little extra support when i sleep. needless to say, hubby is quite pleased with the increase in my chest. heh.

4 Comments:

  1. Sally said...
    Oh yeah, all those fun things! You will probably have to buy bras several times...I'm already on number 2 and 3!

    I'm sorry you feel so sick. When I got a twinge of nausea, eating carbs helped a lot. Of course, it also helped me gain 15 pounds in the first trimester, which I didn't like, but I maintain it all went to my chest. =) But, it made the yucky feeling go away.

    PB&J is good for you. Lots of protein, and I have it every morning. I HAVE to eat before I leave the house now, or I feel sick, too.

    I'm glad your mom is so excited, maybe this will bring you guys a little closer?

    Can't wait to follow you through your journey!
    Sarrah October Young said...
    Congrats! I think that's amazing news. And yes, milk the love from hubby for as long as you can.
    Anonymous said...
    Congratulations! What a new adventure you have ahead... hope the morning sickness passes soon!

    p.s. I think it's awesome you were married for years before... I think it would make the marriage that much stronger to NOT have a baby right away! At least that's what I'd want to do...
    Gypsy said...
    Congrats again!

    I have a friend who is very pregnant and who recently said to me, "My parents are over the moon. I shit you not, I could probably ask for a Ferrari and they'd ask me what color." LOL

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home