stuff.

i have left the dreaded job for a whirlwind weekend. we are getting up early tomorrow and heading to tahoe for a friend's wedding. it will be quite the affair, for sure. the festivities actually started today, but since we're not skiers, we aren't going up until tomorrow. today was a big ski party as is most of the day tomorrow. part of incline is even reserved just for people coming to the event. tomorrow night will be a cocktail and dessert reception, which we will attend. saturday is the wedding and sunday is a big brunch. hubby and i went to an elaborate wedding several years ago in seattle and that was the wedding of all weddings, and sadly, the one my mil always compares our wedding to. anywho, i believe this wedding will be on the same level of that wedding. and i have NO idea what to wear. guess i better figure that out fast, as i don't have that many hours left until we leave.

i am looking forward to going, though, as the girl getting married is one of hubby's friends from grad school and the whole gang will be there. we haven't seen most of the group since hubby's birthday this summer, so it will be a lot of fun. we're staying at a fancy hotel and i've upgraded us to a fancier room as i know we won't be going anywhere fun for a long time. hubby is already stressing out about how much we will have to pay in taxes this year and has already had the 'we have to cut our spending' lecture with me. sigh.

the only part of the weekend i'm not looking forward to is: my parents will be in town. yep. my dad called me this afternoon to say he and my mother are driving up today and will be in town all weekend, oh and they want to stay at my work. really? could you give me a little more notice? and do you not remember the conversations we've had that i WILL BE OUT OF TOWN? yeah, they were hoping i would change my plans. um, no. no, i will not. i was able to book them at my work on sunday and monday night so they will be staying in SF tonight, tomorrow and saturday. they want to know when we'll be back on sunday and i told them 'late'. i really have no idea, but i'm certainly not going to rush back just to see them. my parents are notorious for doing this and it really pisses me off. the total lack for what anyone else is doing completely escapes them.

i told my father today that i would not be going to the dreaded shower and he said i had already told my mother that i would help, so i had to come. wtf? i did no such thing. when i offered to help, she told me no, that she would handle it. somehow she turned that around that i was going to come help. fuck no am i going down there. i don't care WHAT they think of me. i'm not putting myself in that position.

oh, and it gets better. today my father decided it was a good idea to let some totally random guy that he knows to MOVE IN WITH THEM because he is down on his luck. um...what? and he didn't even ASK my mother. wtf is that?! oh, and the coup de grace to all this is that the guy is moving in today. the day my parents are leaving town for 5 days. nice.

on a good note, i think i am over my nausea. i did have a gnarly migraine for 2 days, but at least the nausea is gone. and one of the gals at work confirmed that i am, in fact, showing a tiny bit. and another gal said the same thing. so that makes me happy.

now if only my pizza that i ordered would arrive....

3 Comments:

  1. Maybelline Jones said...
    So sorry your parents are as absolutley crazy as mine.
    Sally said...
    Have a blast in Tahoe! I'm sure it will be beautiful. I don't even know what to say about your parents. =)
    Anonymous said...
    Mmmmmm...pizza. wot?

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home