aww.

so i recently went from thinking no one was going to throw me a shower to 4 different people throwing me showers! a few weeks ago one of my bff's asked to throw me a shower at home in LA and over the weekend my mil said her friends would be throwing me a joint shower with another girl in july.

~ sidenote on this: my mil has a crazy group of friends called the gum's, which means generally unaceptable mothers. they are the mothers of all the kids that hubby grew up with, and are a group of women who were never told they are no longer sorority girls. to say they are a bit obnoxious is an understatement, especially since their biggest thrill in life is competing with each other. the joint shower is because another wife of one of hubby's friends is about 2 weeks behind me. ~

then today another bff asked if she can throw me a shower where i live (she lives a little over an hour away so we're going to have the shower at my house) and shortly after that a girl from work asked if she could throw me one, too. i really am feeling the love today, and it started out as such a crummy day...

it's really nice, too, because there will be totally different people at each shower and i'm so glad it worked out this way. i'm looking most forward to the ones my bff's are thowing me since all my close friends will be invited to those and since everyone lives somewhere other than where i live, it will be an extra special treat.

now i really need to get working on my registries!!

4 Comments:

  1. Sally said...
    The same thing happened to me! It does feel nice, doesn't it? It's also a lot of thank-you notes you'll have to write. =) I wish I could make it to one of them...take pictures though!
    maddie said...
    the thank you's will be worth it. besides, i like writing those. though sadly, i don't think i will have the energy to make all the cards!

    and you can be there is spirit!
    Anonymous said...
    Quoth the blogger in reference to some Dallas Fort Worth's of her acquaintence:

    "a group of women who were never told they are no longer sorority girls..."

    Uh, um, er, NAMES please. and um, addresses, and favorite saloon hangouts too please.

    Heh. wot? Is that like, you know, innnaaappprrroooppprrreeeyyyootttt?????
    maddie said...
    dude. trust me on this one when i say, you would not want to touch these dallas fort worth's with a ten foot pole. seriously. they are the most conservative bunch of rich bitches you will ever not want to meet. i promise. otherwise, i would gladly make the hook up for yous. xoxo

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home