mother " well, you know how jared's wife is pregnant?"

shell " yes."

mother " you don't know the whole story. you probably don't want to know. "

shell " um, yeah, i do. so tell me. "

mother "well they found out the child has down syndrome."

shell " oh no. that's just awful"

mother " that pregnancy needs to be terminated. i couldn't handle that. i don't know why she is insisting on keeping the pregnancy going. they already have one special needs child (jared has one from his first marriage) and that child shouldn't have lived this long. now they are going to bring another child into the world? that's just terrible."

sitting there, staring at my mother while being 4 1/2 months pregnant myself, i had no response.

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    your mom is a psycho. thats well documented over many years. she's attempting, hopefully unwittingly and w/o malice, to project some of her madness onto you.

    she also seems to be genetically incapable of offering you any kind of supprt or maternal affection. must be the Hun in her. wot??

    seriously, folks, its prolly better that you didnt say anything back to her.

    hang in there. listen to some Jooooohn Tayluh and get your groove back. Or hang with the kittehs.
    Sally said...
    Wow, just wow! I'm glad you found some relaxing music to put that crazy conversation out of your head. You could tell your mom that I chose NOT to even test for D.S. b/c it wouldn't change what I do for the rest of my pregnancy...but better yet, just forget about that chat w/ her, and move on! =)

    Having a blast here in Bako, but I'm tired...time goes by so fast. I'm looking forward to getting back to my routine - too bad it involves going back to work, too. =)
    maddie said...
    i decided to just let it go and not comment any further to her. i did the genetic testing at my last appointment since i don't know any of my biological history, i wanted to at least be prepared mentally as early as possible if something did come up. but, of course, i won't be sharing any of that with my mother.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home