eek!

ohmigod. so in the middle of the night fin caught a mouse. in the house. he was snuggling on my face when all of a sudden i felt him sit upright and hop off the bed ~ yes hop. he's a hopper. anyhow, i started to go back to sleep when i heard him growl. a deep growl. over and over. i got out of bed and found fin in the hallway crouched down. i thought he was playing with a toy, one of those little catnip filled mice. he scurried back into the bedroom, still growling. i turned on the light to get the toy away from him as i wanted to get back to sleep, when i felt the mouse. i totally freaked out and dropped fin with the mouse. he was still growling. hubby got up and we took fin into the bathroom and held him over the toilet until fin let go of the mouse. so, now i'm a proud mom of a mouse hunter. but it still freaks me out that we had a mouse in the house!!!

1 Comment:

  1. Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...
    My dog is a mouse hunter too. Freaked me out when he found the first - a baby the size of my thumb. It ran behind the TV and was not seen again. A week or so after that I went down in the blue-light of early morning to start the tea kettle and saw something next to the dog bowl. I touched it and realized it was a very stiff and very dead mouse. That day my dog walked with a proud swagger I had not seen before.

    Thank goodness that was the end of the mouse visits!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home