i hate being sick~

so i got that nasty cold that's been going around. i woke up in the middle of the night on new year's eve with the worst sore throat ever. my throat was just raw. i popped a cough drop in my mouth and tried to go back to sleep. i tossed and turned while my sore throat turned into a full fledged cold. i was in bed all day yesterday. literally. i only got out of bed twice to pee and once to make c popcorn (we got a new popcorn maker for x-mas and he didn't know how to use it). i was a wreck yesterday. c took good care of me, though. he made me chicken noodle soup and checked on me throughout the day, bringing me orange juice and crackers. the kitties took care of me as well, sleeping with me on the bed and cuddling whenever necessary.

i'm better today, but definitely not 100%. i'd say i'm at about 60%. right now i'm really glad i don't have a job. i was going to resume my job search today, but we'll see how i'm feeling in a bit. right now i'm really not feeling up to it.

new year's eve was uneventful, but that was purely intentional. we're not big nye people. it's amature night and the roads are scary with all the drunks. i had my fair share of party nights ~ and days ~ so it was fine that we didn't do anything. in fact, i think we both fell asleep in front of the tv by 10 pm!

a need to make another cup of tea...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home