mid-day break.

so i'm hanging out at home right now with atty cuddled up on my lap. you see, there was an enormous storm last night at a tree fell down at my work. pg&e (pacific gas and electric for those of you not around here) was called to remove the tree since it fell on a few power lines. as they so skillfully cut down the tree, they also severed the phone line in 3 different places, thereby disconnecting 1200 lines surrounding and including my work. so, that means that no one on our property can access our server, the internet or the phone. so work has virtually stopped. since the server is down, i can't access my blackberry, either, except for the phone part which really is of no use since everything else is down.

so, i was sent home. i spent the first 3 hours of the day watching t.v, drinking coffee, texting with terry and playing a game on my bberry. they don't expect the lines to go up anytime soon so it was silly for me to keep sitting there. at&t is now working on restoring everything but since they move at the pace of cold molasseses, i'm glad i'm not there.

besides, now i get to have lunch with two of my girlfriends in town. yay~!

tonight we're going out for my mil's birthday. but, oh what drama that was getting it organized. you see, not only is hubby obnoxiously selfish, so is the rest of his family. they tend to only think of themselves and no one else, which is so annoying. anyhow, his mom is big on going out for birthdays so earlier this week i asked his dad what the plan was. i got some fussy answer back saying how busy everyone was and that we were just going to 'scrap' her birthday dinner. um...what? so hubby called his mom last night and she explained how my fil and plans the next three nights. who schedules stuff on his wife's birthday? oh yeah. my fil.

so i told hubby that we should just take his mom out ourselves. he said to me, " that's a good idea. i would have never of thought of that." um...really? she was so excited when he called back. i told him how i though his family was too consumed with themselves and he totally agreed with me. it's sad, really. but, i see where he gets it from. and i'm seeing that i still have a lot of work to do~! at least HE knows not to plan anything on my birthday, unless it's for me!!!

1 Comment:

  1. Gina said...
    Looking good. I hate IL family drama.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home