anyone have any aqua net?

vh1 just finished playing the greatest songs from the 80's. these songs totally rock and i was instantly flooded with memories from my youth. it's so amazing how hearing a song will bring back a time and place that was previously tucked away somewhere in my memory.

so apropos of nothing, here are the top 10 songs ~ according to vh1 ~ and the memories they bring me:

1. Bon Jovi / "Livin' on a Prayer" my friend shannon was so in love with john bon jovi. she worshiped the guy and the band. we listened to 'slippery when wet' so many times we had to both by new tapes! she even rocked the rocker chick hair.

2. Def Leppard / "Pour Some Sugar On Me" this is hanging out in junior high with my friends,
at the days of verdugo's carnival. oh, how i loved that carnival that came to town every year in october.

3. Duran Duran / "Hungry Like the Wolf" john taylor is still good looking!! oh, how i love me some dd. i mean love them. i went to see these hot boys just a few years ago and that was hands down the best concert i have ever been to...see what you missed, wb!

4. Michael Jackson / "Billie Jean" i saw him in concert in frankfurt for my 16th birthday. for his dangerous tour. and what a dangerous adventure that was! heh.

5. Prince / "When Doves Cry" such a great dance song that reminds me of going to polyesters in the city for crazy nights of debauchery.

6. Hall & Oates / "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)" all right. i don't really have any memories of this. i mean, i know the song, but nothing is associated with it.

7. Guns N' Roses / "Sweet Child O' Mine" this reminds me of hanging out at my friend leslie's house. while our mom's were downstairs smoking and drinking coffee, we were upstairs in her room pretending we were groupies. i saw them in concert with metallica at the rose bowl when i was in high school. to say that show rocked, is an understatement.

8. Madonna / "Like a Virgin" my friend olivia and i would dress up like madonna and prance around her back yard taking pictures of each other while lip syncing to this song.

9. Run-D.M.C. / "Walk This Way" this reminds me of being at camp fox on catalina island for my 6th grade graduation trip. the whole class went and we were split into groups to do skits. jacarandabush and i were in the same group and we did a skit to this song. and we even won 1st place, though i have no idea what in the world our skit was about.

10. AC/DC / "You Shook Me All Night Long" sally and i would dance like crazy to this song in college. especially at bull's tavern! hahahah.

what about you? do you have any fond memories of these songs?

2 Comments:

  1. Sally said...
    Yeah baby! I STILL love that song! B thinks I'm so weird for rocking out every time we hear it! =)
    Terry said...
    I went to see GnR and Metallica on that same tour, however, the location was in Texas.. But YEAH!! it rocked!!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home