tuesday thots

so i cut my hair today. it looks pretty similar to this photo of reese. not the color, but the cut. it's a little shorter, though, about to my collarbone. i must have cut off at least 6 inches. it feels really good. i was getting tired of my long hair and felt it made me look too young. and i was noticing that i was putting it up a lot, which is usually a good sign that it's time for a cut. we'll see how hubby likes it, though. he wants my hair long and blond, all the time. i'm tired of it long. it's not that i cut it really short or anything....

the gal that cuts my hair is awesome and does such a great job. she's even going to get me a super cool new ceramic hot iron, just like the one she uses at the salon. the best part is she will get it at cost for me. :)

i also wrote a letter to my mother. it took me quite, but i am pleased with the results. i had hubby read it over and he approved. i did the best i could to not get defensive or to put her on the defensive. i tried to make it as neutral as i could while describing everything i have been feeling to the best of my ability. i read it over again today and put it in the mail this afternoon. she should get it in the next day or two, so we'll see how things go from there. the ball is in her court now.

i had lunch with a girlfriend today which was fun. we were both in the mood for burgers so we headed for a tasty burger place in town. she gave her notice at work last week and will be off to Florence in a few months to enroll in culinary school. i am so excited for her. i definitely want to go visit!

i started pickling some pickling cucumbers today. hubby has this crazy big garden that produces the most amazing fruits and veggies. he swears by the fish emulsion that he preps the soil with makes everything grow so well. it's like crack for plants. anyhow, we are going crazy with all of our veggies, so hubby likes to pickle the cucumbers. since he's been working so much lately, i have started doing some of the pickling myself. today i made a batch with balsamic vinegar instead of regular vinegar. i like to make each batch a little different than from the last, especially since there are so many batches to make!

but the best ~ or worst part depending on how you see this ~ is that i have been watching the flavor of love marathon on vh1 yesterday and today. this show is a freaking bad car wreck that i.cannot.stop.watching. hubby gets hooked on the rock of love with bret michaels. both shows are nuts. one straight from the ghetto, one straight white trash. i can't stop watching either one. and damn it. if that's wrong, then i don't want to be right.

6 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    huh huh huh...you said "pickle"

    many.times.
    Terry said...
    I love Reese!! But you must post pictures!!
    Sally said...
    Yeah, we need to see pics of you!!
    Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...
    oh yeah, I watch both. My husband does too. It's a sickness...
    Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...
    ooh and I bet the hair is super cute!
    Sally said...
    Ok, you were in my dream last night. I had this weird dream that my house burned now...but that's not the part you were in.

    For some reason, you and I were together (before the house burned), and I dropped you off at your mom's house so you guys could have "secret" meeting to talk about the letter you sent her. You called me after your meeting and told me that you had cleared the air and you guys understood each other better...maybe my dream is an omen? I hope so!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home