just call me eeyore

well, i got up at noon today, sleeping longer than i ever have before. i don't feel much better than i did last night, but a little better is better than nothing, so i guess that's a start. i know that i need to get over the whole thing with my mom. i have tried really hard to do that but am having such a hard time letting it all go. the everything with miss fleurs, just really threw me into a tailspin. i wrote her an email last night, apologizing for being a jerk and explaining a little about how i've been feeling and haven't heard back. i also called her this afternoon and left her a message with my apology and a congratulations on her engagement. i really hope i hear from her soon, one way or another.

i just feel like there is a big whole inside with me and something is missing, but i just don't know what. i truly believe this is why i read so much. by reading, i am able to transform myself into another life, another place in time. that's also why i write. i can escape my reality and make up one for someone else.

i really do try to be a good person. an open and honest person. a happy person. and for the most part, i feel i suceed at these things. but, then there are days and sadly, a few weeks that throw me so far in the opposite direction.

i do have friends that are darling and supportive and honest in my times of self loathing and doubt, and i am so thankful beyond words for them. the most important thing about my friends is that they know i'm not trying to feel sorry for myself by hosting a big pity party. i'm just so out of sorts i don't know which way is up.

so thank you, friends, for your words, calls and the flowers that were sent from across the country!

1 Comment:

  1. Sally said...
    Shell, you DO have tons of friends who care deeply about you! I'm so glad you realize that! =)

    And at the risk of sounding cliche or weird or whatever, I just want you to know that there is something that can totally fill that hole you feel inside you....it'a a personal relationship with Jesus.

    It might sound weird, and it's not always the easiest relationship to have b/c you can't SEE Him, but you can definitely feel that He's there, holding you up, loving you, pushing you in the right direction, and it makes all the difference in the world.

    At the scariest times of my life, when I felt the most alone, I really wasn't alone b/c He was right next to me. Is that at all believable? I hope so, because I really believe it.

    Love you, chica!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home