WOW.

well...where do i begin!? i got a call this morning at around 10:30 am. the caller id said withheld and i normally don't answer those calls, but my girlfriend was coming to visit and since i figured it was her calling, i answered it. but it wasn't her. it was the gal from the adoption site that i had emailed last night.

after talking to her for a while, i decided her business was legit and agreed to go forward with my search with her. after i paid a fee (much lower than i had expected or seen on other similar sites) within a few minutes, she had found my original birth certificate! it took her a while because it turns out i had a delayed entry birth. what that means is that my birth certificate wasn't filed with the state right away so it was put in a seperate file, which is often overlooked. she said it was quite rare for that to happen as most people file right away. so, while i was born in september, my birth certificate wasn't filed until november.

so....my birth name is.... jeanne. my biological father's last name is morse and my biological mother's last name is mcbride. holy crap! i have another identity!!! so now, my researcher is checking up on the father and mother and will let me know what she discovers. she says normally she will have something to me within 2-3 days.

i'm just blown away. a while ago i had asked my mother if she knew what my real name was, and she said it was something like jean, or jane, so when the gal today said jeanne, i knew it had to be true. just knowing this much is amazing.

3 Comments:

  1. Sally said...
    OH.MY.GOSH. I have chills!! If it wasn't 6am your time right now, I would be calling you!

    I'm so excited for you!! How do you feel? Nervous? Excited?

    I can't believe it happened so fast!
    Terry said...
    HoLy Crap.... It is amazing what information is just beyond your fingertips... Congrats on the first tidbit of info!!

    But, I still prefer my pet name for you!! LOL
    Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...
    ohmygoodness! So exciting to have this information! Can't wait to hear how this pans out!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home