yesterday was a marathon day of applying for jobs. i must have applied to a least a dozen and was so over staring at my computer. i emailed all my references to make sure i could still use them and have heard back from all but one. but that one is just a friend and we have a bit of a tumultuous relationship. at any rate, i am pleased to hear back from everyone else, most notably two of my former bosses, both of whom have extended their well wishes and have offered to do whatever it is i need. (hehe, so there WB!)

i have not been sleeping very well, though, as my mind is constantly churning and wondering what is in store for me. the job market is slow and i am starting to get antsy. i am trying to stay home as much as i can as not to spend more money than necessary. just a simple trip to rite aid will cost me as i will find magazines or some random product to amuse myself with.

i heard from my friend who will be going to culinary school in italy next year. today is her last day at her job, which incidentally is for the company where i used to work. well, more accurately, the company she works for is owned by the company i used to work for. anyhow, she emailed me this morning to tell me my former boss ~ the one who was too much of an asshat to actually fire me and let me find out by finding the add on craigslist ~ has offered her my job until she goes to culinary school. she starts monday. i'm very glad she told me, as it would have been quite the shock to find out any other way. i have know she has wanted the job for quite some time, even before i was hired. i'm glad for her, but still have some mixed feelings about the whole thing. it was a big raise and promotion from her as she went from an entry level sales coordinator (her first real job out of college) to the executive assistant to the president, ceo and managing director. she applied for my job several times but they didn't hire her because she didn't have enough experience. i'm not saying they're desperate now, but well, it's been a month since i was let go and 6 weeks since they first posted my job and still have not been able to find anyone. i am secretly very glad for that.

and right now i am in the middle of watching the starter wife marathon on usa and i am so loving it! and speaking of wifes, the other day when hubby an i went to the farmer's market, we wandered into a rockabilly store and he bought me this sassy black apron with red cherries all over it. he said since i was a stay at home wife right now i needed to dress like one. it cracks me up! i have donned it a few times and it has been fun. the cats, of course, think i'm nuts.

i spoke with miss fleurs the other day and we've patched things up. i think. i mean, we talked for a good long time and i can tell she has a lot on her plate right and well, being as preggers as she is, well, i know i need to be much more understanding. but i do hope that she understands where i am at as well.

i have also discovered this site that has kept me quite amused. it's a real estate site where you can type any address in the country and see how much the property is worth. i have shamelessly typed in all of my friend's address to see where they rank. i'm not really surprised by any of them as i already pretty much knew around what everyone spent ~ okay, not exact dollar amounts, but i generally know the area they live in so therefore roughly know what they spent. what makes me the most depressed is seeing how much more the area i live in costs than everywhere else. a fixer upper mini house, much like the one we are renting with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, starts at $500k. and if we want to be in the 'good' part of town that goes up by about $200k. for a fucking fixer upper. ah, living in the bay area is GREAT.

i've been writing a bit more and am working on a few short stories. i may even try to get them out further than my friends who will read them...but we'll see. don't want to get too far ahead of myself...

4 Comments:

  1. Terry said...
    Oh, you sound like you are coming out of your funk quite nicely.. *YAY*....

    Glad to hear about Ms. Fleurs... I told you she was just being pregnant and you had nothing to worry about!!
    Gypsy said...
    Good luck with the job search! I know it can be frustrating. I hope something great comes along soon.
    Sally said...
    My dad loves that website...I just looked up the houses we sold in CA and TX in 1999 and 2001...very depressing! They've gone up so much and we didn't get to realize any of that!! Stink!
    Gina said...
    Ah, unfortunately Zillow can be quite far off, especially in funky markets like the current one. It says mine is worth much more than it would fetch on the open market.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home