sexy is

someone told me today that i am sexy. i sure don't feel sexy, but it was nice to hear. but what is sexy? to me, it encompasses many things, looks only being one part of the whole package, but more on that in a bit.

sexy is

being confident in yourself, but not so much so as to come off as arrogance.

being aware of the world around you and considerate of others, but not becoming a martyr when things go wrong.

having a positive outlook on life, but not being so extreme that it is unbelievable ~ no one can be happy all the time ~ and in the same regard, no one can be sad all the time, either.

to live in the knowledge that money does not buy love or happiness, no matter what the price.

to know how to give deep, sincere eye contact when talking with someone. eye contact is key.

to know how touch someone at the right point in the conversation, whether it be on the arm, the hand or face, without coming off as sleazy or cheap.

to wear a faint sent of something delicious. just a touch of the right perfume, cologne or even soap is wonderful and will always leave me wanting more.

being well put together, whether in work out clothes and or a night-on-the-town outfit. realize when it is time to really get rid of that shirt you wore in high school, even if it is super comfy.

being genuine and sincere. we all have insecurities, but being a snot about things will never get you far.

a healthy desire to work out, is important to possess. being a couch potato just doesn't cut it, no matter how good looking someone is.

and it should be without saying, but someone who is intelligent is very sexy to me. there's nothing worse than trying to carry on a conversation with someone and they are just too dumb to get what you are saying.

and with all that, with a little sass thrown in, well you'll have me at hello.

now while that is all fine in the personality department, looks definitly play a role in being sexy. a dishevled person, is not going to make the sexy cut, in my book. i personally adore men with short hair, a good appetite, a healthy lease on life and who will adore me. if it's just someone i glance, such as the darling man i sat next to on one of my recent flights, the way he looks can make my imagination run wild. and boy...um...what were we just talking about?

some of my most favorite sexy people are*:

leonardo dicaprio
jake gyllenhaal
edward norton
andrew mc carthy
mike rowe
alyssa milano
jessica alba
eva mendes
christina applegate
elle macpherson
d, a former colleague
e, my first...err...yes, that first
a, one of my bestest friends
j, a former colleague
b, a friend from college
w, another one of my bestest friends
c, a former colleague
g, a fellow lady blogger
l, a darling preggers friend

*just because there are gals on this list doesn't mean i want to sleep with them. . well, not that it hasn't been considered. wot!? that was innnnnnnaaapppporrrrrpppprrrrriiiiioooottttt!

3 Comments:

  1. Gypsy said...
    I'm so disappointed that you have Andrew McCarthy on your list. I have to go cry now. ;)
    maddie said...
    hahahha...i had a flashback to the 80's and my first big crush! :)

    you made the list, too, my dear..did you see?
    Terry said...
    OMG.... I was totally crushing on Andrew.. back in the day!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home