mini update.

i am home now. well, for a few minutes, at least. i simmered down a bit on the way home, after having another ciggy. that's 4 so far for today if anyone besides me is counting.

i had to go to the store as i have the cookie commitment at the meeting i attend on wednesday nights. i would really rather go to bed, but i must be a good person and keep my commitment. my good friend who is the secretary of the meeting won't be there tonight as she has surgery yesterday and is still recuperating. i sent her some flowers and talked to her today and she sounds good.

at the store i ran into one of my cute friends from a former job. i hadn't seen him in quite a while so we (or just me, actually) had a coffee and sat and chatted for a while. it was good to catch up. hopefully we can stay in touch again. he's this sexy french guy and i love love love his accent. he's also a pastry chef and his stuff is by far the best stuff ever...mmm....

anywho, thanks to you lovlies who showed your support today. it really is nice and makes me smile oh-so-big. little things like that are so good and i heart you all so much.

there was also a gorgeous skybluepink sunset in the sky tonight as i was driving home and it was so loverly. it calmed me down as well.

now i must be off to my meeting. hubby is staying home with a friend tonight. they have some stuff to talk about, work stuff. boy stuff. stuff that i can be a part of, but well, it's not really my place and i respect their privacy.

and besides. tomorrow is another day.

4 Comments:

  1. Terry said...
    I wished I lived somewhere that I could run into old friends at random... I guess that is what I get for living soooo far away from everyone I knew... *sigh*......
    Sally said...
    Terry, I know what you mean...I get all excited when I run into someone I know here because I don't know many people here yet. Ha!

    Just think, Shell...in one week you will be on your way to sunny central Cal pretending that you're a college student again...well, maybe not exactly, but you'll have so much fun!
    Gina said...
    That is a good attitude to have.

    I hope things start getting better at work, my dear.
    Maggie Ginsberg-Schutz said...
    Sounds like things are calming down. Which is GOOD.

    Oh, and...

    You've been tagged.

    (SORRY. But hey, at least you'll have something to post for NaBloPoMo.)

    See my blog if you're confused.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home