update

Never have I been so scared. Never have I shed so many tears. Never have I felt so much love from everyone around me.

As the day progressed, my aches and pains worsened. Purple bruises appeared on my right arm and hip. My neck and back are incredably stiff. My right temple has a large goose egg from where I smacked my head on who knows what in my car as it spun around and around after being t-boned by a car going over the speed limit.

Today I looked at the accident location and the guy didn't even hit his breaks before he slammed into me. My eyes stung for much of the day from the deployment of my side curtain airbag. I was advised to wear my glasses for the next few days so my eyes can heal.

I had an outpouring of love that made me cry so often simply because it touched me so much. My work even sent me a beautiful arrangement of flowers. Hubby went and got me mc donalds french fries because I can't open my mouth very wide because of the pain from my goose egg.

While laughing hurts, I am glad to laugh because it makes some of the scary go away.

And even though I still have my saturn and it gets great gas mileage, I don't ever want to drive it again. The safety oi felt in the volvo is unbeatable. As soon as we get the insurance money, we are going to buy another volvo. For the time being, I will be driving hubby's trail blazer.

I am still weak and mentally exhausted, but am moving forward. Thank you all for keeping me in your thoughts. I cannot express how much your kind words mean to me.

4 Comments:

  1. Maggie Ginsberg-Schutz said...
    Thank you so much for the update. I woke up this morning thinking about you and wondering if you were OK. It's incredible that you had just gotten that Volvo. Life is so crazy.

    I'm so glad you're moving forward. Here's to healing...
    Sally said...
    I hope the aches and pains go away quickly. Good for C for taking such good care of you! =)
    maddie said...
    thank you, both, so much for your kind thoughts and words. they really really mean so much.
    Valley Girl said...
    I'm thinkin' of you, hun. Stay strong.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home