my happy place.

this is the room in the house that makes me the happiest. it is welcoming and bright. the windows in front of the desk face out to the front yard and the big tree. birds are always flying by, chirping their cheerful songs. there is another window above the couch, where the sun shines in and breezes float by. i am often found on the couch, curled up with the cats. i recently purchased a space heater which helps keep the room even cozier.

the walls are a soothing light yellow with white trim, keeping everything in perfect harmony. my college diploma hangs proudly on the wall along with a pencil sketch of leroy the pelican ~ drawn by my mother ~ two original movie cells from my favorite disney movies ~ alice in the garden from alice in wonderland and peter and the kids flying over big ben on their way to neverland from peter pan ~ two fairy prints from amy brown and a mountain scene by a local sf artist complete my wall decor. i also have my catch-all memory board where i attach invites, pictures and extra goodies. oh, and a mirror, which hides behind my door is used often to dance in front of.

my bookshelf is so crammed full of delicious reads, many of which i have read over and over again. i am always in the hunt for something new and exciting to read. one day i would love to have floor to ceiling book shelves.

the kitties love the room as well, especially when the sun shines in. they often perch upon the windowsill and check out what is going on outside. they also love to help me write by sitting on my lap or right in front of my computer so i have to reach over them to type. luckily, i have a great laptop that i can move around wherever i like as not to disturb them.

i always feel at peace in my little room. hubby comes in every once in a while to use the computer, but he doesn't really stay long. the desk was his in grad school ~ a gift from his parents ~ but has become mostly mine. my mini closet is also in this room, though i didn't take a photo this time. since our house is so old ~ the tax records go back to 1920 ~ we only have two mini closets in the entire house! hubby uses the one in our bedroom and i use the one in here.

when i'm down, i seek out this room. hubby prefers the livingroom with the big comfy couch and tv, which is just fine with me. i love gazing out the windows and dreaming the day away. whenever we talk about buying a house, we know that both of us wants a room to call our own, so i know i will always have a happy place to call my own.





















































2 Comments:

  1. WendyB said...
    I love that wall color. I would like to have that in my apartment!
    Maggie Ginsberg-Schutz said...
    mmmmmm.

    So cozy!

    I think your room and mine would be friends. ;)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home