pissed.

today is the first day i want to cry. at work, that is. i really try so hard and i just hate getting shit on by people. this is the first place i have worked where i actually feel like i am respected. that when i say something, people listen. that my opinion actually matters. that i am of value to the organization. sure, people joke around, but they are good natured about it and know the right time and place for it.

but sometimes, my boss doesn't. i know he has a daughter my age and i think he sees me as some dumb, young girl. but i am smart, damn it.

the hardest part for me is that my positon never existed before and i have to do everything from scratch. and while i do answer to my boss, i also have to follow up with him to make sure he is doing his work, which is a pretty crappy thing. the department i'm working in has no real accountability, so it is part of my job to make everyone accountable for their work and they don't like it one bit. i know it must be tough for some girl to follow up with a bunch of men, asking them for progress updates on the projects they are working on.

but good lord. my boss thinks he's funny when he cuts me down in front of other colleagues, calling me 'dumb butt' or telling me to get to work. it's not cool at all. it makes me feel stupid and i hate it. i have told him as much, but well, it falls on deaf ears.

yesterday afternoon there was an issue that was brought to my attention so i gave the job to one of my guys. i followed up with him a few hours later and he got all pissy with me for following up with him. i let my boss know and he said he would talk to the guy. as i was leaving work, i got another message about the same issue from the general manager. then this morning, my bosses boss called me with the same issue, yet again. so, i asked my boss if the situation had been taken care of and what was done. he totaly yelled at me! he said the the job was taken care of and when i asked what had been done, as i had to inform the others, he said "i told you it was done, and that's enough for you." he then hung up on me.

wtf?!

he then came into the office and said the same thing to me again. i told him that i needed to know what was going on because the general manager and his boss were asking me. he said he had already told them and when he tells me things are taken care of, that should be enough for me.

are you fucking kidding me? the whole reason i was hired was to make these guys accountable and when the won't tell me what the fuck is going on, then what the hell am i supposed to do? and how am i supposed to feel?

7 Comments:

  1. Sally said...
    Stink! I hate all that crap of passing the buck and throwing around power. Stick it out and don't back down!
    prin said...
    :-O That's terrible! That's total harassment too. :( I'm sorry you have to put up with that every day. :(
    maddie said...
    ugh. i know. i have already had 3 cigarettes today and I DON'T EVEN SMOKE!!!
    Valley Girl said...
    Oh, sweetie. I am so sorry to hear about your situation at work. The way your boss treats you is UNACCEPTABLE. You do not deserve to be talked to in that way.

    And you do not deserve to be berated for simply doing your job! Hang in there, and keep your chin up.
    Maggie Ginsberg-Schutz said...
    I agree with prin, that is totally harassment. He may be an asshat, but he's not allowed to let that show at work. He DEFINITELY cannot call you names.

    I've worked for men who have daughters my age and I've felt it, too - there's definitely something to it - but your boss has gone above and beyond, and you don't have to take it. You really don't.

    I hope today is a better day. You deserve better.
    Amelia said...
    i'm so sorry sweetie, dont know what to say other than your boss is a jack ass! you do not deserve that harrasment!
    dont back out.stand your ground, do your job, even if they get pissed off.
    something that works, even though it not easy is to just totally ignore their comments so they dont get to you and since they're on the wrong just dont let them get to you, and dont let them make you cry.they aint worth it

    i once worked in a place where i was totally constantly verbally abused so i know the feeling.
    Gypsy said...
    I'd be totally pissed, too.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home