Tagged.

i have been tagged by the delightful maggie and since she is such a doll, i decided to play along. i hope the lovely ladies i tagged want to play along, too. (but don't worry, i won't cry too hard if they don't).

TAGGED - The Rules

* Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.

* Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.

* Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.

* Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


1. while i have always been petite, i have always been afraid of being 'too skinny'. i have been a size zero because of a fast metablolism and i hated it. right now i'm between a 2 and a 4, depending on who makes the clothes and i have decent size boobs (a full 'c') as well as hips and a bottom now and love it all. i am really self conscious about it, though.

2. i still think about alcohol all the time, even though i have been sober a little over 2 years now.

3. i am most comfortable in a pair of flannel sleeper pants and a tank top.

4. frozen rocky road chocolate bars are my favorite treat.

5. people make really fast judgements of me and think i'm this sweet, innocent little girl. they hardly take the time to get to know the real me and i really resent that. a lot. then they act all surprised when they find out i'm something different than they expected me to be.

6. i grew up playing the violin. i played for 8 years and was even in the district symphony orchestra when i was in high school. i haven't played since. hubby has never heard me, yet i have my violin in our home.

7. german was my first language.

i am tagging terry, sally, gina, gypsy, allie, valley girl and wendy. with love, of course!

9 Comments:

  1. Maggie Ginsberg-Schutz said...
    awwwwwwwww! yer so sweet. :):)

    And -- GERMAN??
    WendyB said...
    Congrats on #2. Use #5 to your advantage. And thanks for the tag! I might take a little while to get around to it, because I think people are pretty sick of my lists of facts right now, but I will definitely do it!
    Valley Girl said...
    Two years is AMAZING and you're amazing!!! Congratulations on your sobriety.
    Sally said...
    Ok, I don't think I knew about the violin or that German was your first language...when did you learn English?
    maddie said...
    thanks, girls! :-)

    and sally, i guess i sort of learned both languages simultaneously. i would speak german with my mom, then translate everything and speak in english to my dad. (mom was fluent in both german and english, dad understood only bits of german). i also went to german school when i was little and took german in high school and college. in fact, i still only know some words and songs (like o tannenbaum) in german and have no idea what the are in english!
    Amelia said...
    i so identify with what you say about people assuming they know you and categorising you and then getting all shocked when you do something they did'nt expect.
    i go through that all the time.
    it even worse coz sometimes people try to put higher standards on me than they do on everyone else.it sucks!

    ur the sweet.give the violin a shot again....
    Gina said...
    Ahhhh rocky road! I am sure I will get to this soon.
    Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...
    Wah, I too may have to hold off for a bit as that I did this almost same meme recently.

    But i love that you did it so I could know a little more about you!

    I can relate to #5, but mostly people assume I am a bitch and snob :-( And #6 - for me it's the piano and the hubby has heard me, but not much more than Heart and Soul and Chopsticks!
    Sally said...
    Ok, I'm going to post this right now!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home