finn.

i found this wonderful website last night and ordered a garden stone for finn. i also ordered hubby a keychain and me a charm bracelet in which we can put a tiny bit of finn's ashes to keep him with us at all times. hubby is taking finn to the vet today at noon to have him cremated. i said my goodbye to him this morning just before i left for work. he was in a garbage bag in the garage and i put on my gardening gloves and pet him lovingly goodbye.

i know he is in a peaceful place in heaven, chasing critters of all kinds and taking long naps in the sun with hubby's gramps. when we get the ashes back, we will spread them in the redwood trees finn loved to climb. in the short time he was alive, he brought such joy to us. he was a happy kitty who was never moody or distant. he was a free spirit who loved to play. to us, finn was love. he purred like he had a jet engine inside him and had so much fur, his fur had fur. he was a tiny kitty, weighing in at only 8lbs, but he had so much love inside of him, you would think he was the biggest animal in the world.

i have never seen hubby sob so hard for so long before. finn was his buddy, much like atty is mine. but finn loved everyone. in a matter of seconds, he was rolling at your feet for you to pet his furry tummy. he would follow hubby around the house and into the garage, never leaving his side. he would nap on top of our water heater and hubby has been saying that the water just isn't getting warm enough because finn isn't there to help keep it warm.

thank you, all, for your kind works of support and understanding. i have never lost a pet like this before. it's one thing when your pet is older and has lived a long full life. i'm not saying that is any easier, just that it's more expected that they will pass on. finn was only a year old when his spirit floated away.

but something odd happened the day he went missing. atty started purring incredably loud. much louder than he ever had before. we seem to think that perhaps finn was saying goodbye through atty that day.

4 Comments:

  1. Sally said...
    Sometimes I forget that our big strong husbands have such deep emotion running through them. It makes me feel closer to B when he gets emotional, but it always scares me a little, too, because I count on him to be my rock.

    Losing Finn is a terrible thing to happen, but I hope through this that you and C will come a little closer together.

    Your ideas for remembering Finn sound awesome. Hang in there!
    Gina said...
    shell, I am so sorry to hear about your beloved kitty!

    My dad's dog died a few days ago, and when I told my son what had happened, he said, "Oh, she's up in animal heaven!"

    And so, finn is up in animal heaven, to be sure.
    Maggie Ginsberg-Schutz said...
    I think cats are very spiritual. I don't doubt that Finn came to say goodbye to you, don't doubt it at all.

    Sorry again. :(
    Gypsy said...
    I'm so sorry you lost your sweet buddy. {hugs}

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home